Chapter 37:Heavy breezes

~*(y,n)'s POV*~

     Red slowly disappears across the lands once clear of the stains, wiped away of their tarnish to reveal the softer complexion of the beauty. Those mountains and forests shine just a little the more that they're cleaned, even with the deeper cracks and divots in the land that can't be fixed easily.

     I took my time to dab the medication on my finger across the newest places that I've finished clearing up, over the bruises and scratches across the teen's face. I kneel close to the ground to stay at his level.. The quick aid kit that I bought moments ago sitting next to me. The cotton pad continued to pick up the blood from his damaged cheeks as he sniffled- he looks even more like Kyojuro the closer someone gets, the only difference being the gap in their age. Same hairstyle, it'd be much harder to tell them apart. The resemblance is skewed though, with the damage done.

     Take the blemishes and redness from earlier crying, and you've got yourself a boy who looks like he fell down the stairs. Not even fell,' took a dive down them. I don't know what his bastard father had to do to play into whatever happened back at their home, but let it been known; I would've stepped in if I didn't have some restraint over myself. My sensei, she would've beaten the living daylights outta him if she'd seen what I saw, she knows him too well not to put him in his place.

     "Please... y-you don't have to do this... I can probably finish up the rest myse-"

     "Enough of that, I don't want to hear a word out of you." I cut the boy off right when he was on the verge of starting up with his frantic ranting (again. Yes, again), discarding the used cotton pad into the aid kit. I don't care what he has to say, his health is the first priority here.' Had his brother worried sick this whole time. After I got the two of them away from the scene, the Flame Pillar has been pacing around in the same little area to himself, his features worried and dazed. ... He couldn't keep his shaking hands still enough to treat his brother's wounds, it was a must that I stepped in after a few painful moments of watching him struggle.

     "Ok, ma'am..." He muttered while I lifted up his chin, wiping away the last of the blood that's smudged onto his neck. I let him bring his head back forward to look at the results, a sorrowful smile crawling up. Looks a lot better health wise, but I can't shake that gloomy look from him. So dejected and lost in whatever his young mind could be thinking about, his bottom lip bit and chewed down to tender pink.

     Still in a bad state...

     My company followed my hand when seeing me go for a pocket on my form, pulling out my wallet while my eyes drifted to the district we're sitting just a bench away from. I slid out a few bills, to his surprise, motioning them to him afterwards.

     "Oh... I can't take that, it's too much for me!" He pleaded with me and waved his hands out in front of me. I didn't listen, giving another gesture of the cash without a budge.

     "It's for food. Get something to eat, you're probably hungry at this point." I stuffed the money into one of his hands, sending a nod of my head to the food vendors still out. Some have already started packing up for the night, as the winds around begin to pick up in strength. A storm is threatening to roll in, you can practically see it coming on the horizon. We need to get things sorted out before that bigger problem sneaks up on us. 

     "Well...yes..."

     "Then go, while there are still stands open." I told him while getting up from my spot, packing up the aid kit as he rose as well. I nudged him to pick up his pace, adamant.

     "Thank you, Mrs.(l,n)." Senjuro- as Kyojuro has called him- bowed to me, smiling weakly at the fund I gave him. I watched him sidle off into the crowd before turning to my silent ally, keeping up his pacing a little farther off from me... I don't think I've ever seen him so off-put, it's not a natural look for him.