Chapter 25:Room Key

~*Kyojuro's POV*~
     I blew the (f,c) blade in my hands through the necks of the amalgamation in the doorway before slicing it and two and out of the way- my... 60th kill? I think that might be it, but rushing around so many rooms that look exactly the same that it's almost impossible to make sense of things, it's all jumbling up together. Nonetheless, everything that's led up to this has all been worth it, doesn't matter what I had to go through. Just to see her here, just to see her alive. Just to see that (y,n)'s ok.

     "Kyojuro-" The woman said my name faintly after I jumped to the side out of the falling body's way, sheathing her blade and holding it out to her afterwards from my bloodied hand. I gave her a breathless smile, too winded to say much, or anything, for that mention. It didn't take a moment's thought for her to walk over to me and be given the weapon. Her hands slid across the scabbard slowly, delicately, until they finally placed it on her belt where it belongs. They move as if they've missed the feeling of the roughness against their tips. I'd feel the same if I was stuck without a sword in this place.

     "Sorry I... ended up leaving you without your sword. I hope it wasn't too much trouble..." I managed to breath out once I caught my breath for a second, watching as the demon I killed left nothing but their fancy clothes behind from their body. Didn't see much of them, but it looked horrendous from the back. I can't believe (y,n) had to be in the same room as something like that and knowing she couldn't fend for herself very much.

     "Don't worry about it, it's good you got here at all." The Ice Pillar mumbled while I rested my back down on the wall behind me, blood dribbling from my lip and sending iron along my tongue. We stayed silent between each other as I worked to wipe the crimson away, both composing ourselves when given the chance.

     With just a gash left on my bottom lip, I gave my teammate a smirk. "I think I might've found something useful to us..." I said at last, getting her attention my way again. With all the running around I did, there's no way I wouldn't have found something that could help us. Sure enough, I might've discovered the very thing that may lead us out of here already. Took a little  work to get it... more than a little. 

      She nodded, and turned to gaze at what looks to be the remains of a game board and its stones. "You go first, I figured out some things of my own as well."

.

.

.

     Doors... Doors, so many doors opening to the many rooms in this entire place, and yet, I still come up with failure after each handle my fingers come across. I haven't found my comrade. The same fruitless results aren't doing me any good in what short time I might have to find her, because without the very weapon I've been using, she's doomed.

     I burst through the next entrance I came towards at the end of the hallway, already killing the two demons that were inside on the ball drop. Not important kills, just another bunch of stray-aways That only just managed to get a little cut on my hand that'll go away in a few days. I've met so many enemies I could kill with my eyes closed, but this isn't any contest to see how many kills I can get, it's a search for something more important than any material good could possibly grant me. And... the hunt has left me empty-handed. It's frustrating, no, infuriating? Worrying... there are too many emotions to possibly pick one.

     I took the (f,c) Katana I've been left with to the wall close to the door and made an X mark large enough to clearly see after I finished off in the room, the blood of my victims leaving with them in the air. I've been marking down the rooms as I go, at least not to lose track of where I've already been and waste my time. Don't need to get more lost in the hotel than I already am.