CHAPTER 51- I love you to infinity

"You're the part of me that I'll always need." ~Unknown

NINA KAPOOR

"I'm taking Ninu with me tonight," Kajol announced as we ate...well they ate while I just pushed my food around with a spoon.

Arjun just looked at me before hesitantly nodding his head, his eyes still on me while I just kept my head down without taking my eyes off my plate messy because of pushing my food all around.

"Eat." Arjun told firmly before I had the chance to deny. Sighing silently, I nodded putting a spoon full of food in my mouth.

Silence again filled the dinning table as everyone again got lost in their own thoughts.

Once we were done, Kajol led me into the room I stayed in before moving into Arjun's. Sitting on the bed we faced each other.

"So I see your sharing rooms now," she smirked. I smiled for a fraction of second.

"We'll get through this, we always did." she reassured me trying to lift up my mood.

I nodded my head feeling guilty that she was one who always reassured me, not the other way around.

This was a shock to her just as much as it was for me.

"I'm sorry," I finally spoke after more than an hour.

"What? Why?" she frowned.

"You are the one who's always taking care of me, even when it is just as hard for you as it is for me. I feel bad that I'm not able to take care of you the same." I voiced my thoughts.

She scowled on hearing me.

"Say that again and you don't want to find out what I do to you. Plus we both know that you were more close to her than I was so its obvious that you'll be upset. Don't try to hide just...stop apologizing." she took my hands in hers and smiled warmly. 
She's right, I was honestly more close to Sejal than Kajol even though Sejal was the type to say the truth straight to your face no matter how much the truth hurt. That just how it was...we three were close but I was more closer to Sejal and closest to Kajol.

"Lets go to bed, I'm exhausted." I told yawning.

She smiled lightly nodding her head and plopped down next to me.

"Hold me." she said and I smiled before wrapping my arms around her shoulder as she scooted closer and rested her arm over my waist while her leg thrown on top of mine.

Peaceful silence filled the chilled room as the comforter kept us warm but my thoughts kept my mind awake and working as many many thoughts revolved around non stop.

Sighing slowly, I closed my eyes hoping and praying for sleep to take over but my memories from 9th grade with Sejal came crashing down making my eyes fly open as fresh set of tears welled in.

Guess who's not getting any sleep tonight.

...

It was already 2:39 in the morning I haven't slept a wink. I kept smiling to myself here and there as I went through mine and Sejal's chats and our silly arguments in them.

Kajol was sound asleep and I didn't have the heart to wake her up but I really needed some fresh air.

Very very very cautiously, I got up with a heck load of difficulty and sat for a minute to see if she wakes up and once I'm sure she was still sleeping, I go out closing the door behind me and turn on the flashlight of my phone while descending down the stairs.

Finally making it down, I turn it off as my eyes adjust to the room bright enough for me to see by the lights from the night sky as they poured through the windows.