Candy Apple Showdown

Unedited

*****

"Dad?" Eden's tired voice carried from her bedroom and down the hall, no matter how quiet it was Robert's ear twitched to attention. 

"Yes, princess?" he replied immediately making his way down the hall, it was unusual for her to be up so late. At three in the morning Robert had only just finished off some work, the police had just busted men named in Eden's attempted kidnapping. Thankfully they were in custody and heading straight for jail the evidence was too strong against them. They would be locked up for a long time.

"My belly hurts" she groaned her face coated in a sheen of sweat, it had obviously been hurting her for quite some time. 

Picking up his pace Robert checked her temperature, frowning when he saw her wince in pain. "Do you feel like your going to get sick, baby?" 

"It hurts!" she cried before puking all over Robert. Moving quickly he picked her up calling for Angelina immediately. She was too warm.

"Robert?! Whats going on?" Angelina asked tiredly trying to rub the sleep out of her eyes. Upon entering the bedroom she was startled awake. Robert had rushed Eden straight into her en-suite bathroom, placing her by the toilet he began the water for a bath. Her body shook with a cold sweat trying to fight whatever sickness she had come down with.

"Her temperature's too high, and she puked all over herself... did she say anything to you earlier?" Robert questioned looking up at Angelina who had Eden cradled in her arms.

"No, she was fine! oh my poor baby, let's get you in the bath"

Robert and Angelina moved in sync, whilst Robert stayed with her Angelina moved to the bedroom and changed the covers. Thankfully the bath did it's job in lowering her temperature, but still she cried.

They waited to see if the medicine would kick in, but after an hour decided the best option was to bring her to the hospital. They would never leave anything to chance when it came to there daughter.

Angelina was exhausted, but full of relief when Eden had been seen to immediately. A viral infection was the cause, but there was nothing they could do but let her rest.

 It was scary to see how small Eden looked lying in the cot asleep. Attached to a drip for hydration they watched her move in the bed, she was still fighting a reoccurring fever.

Of course news had got out that Eden was in hospital and immediately allegations of her well-being spread throughout the different media forms. Robert had never felt more vulnerable. He sat in the hospital room, clothes covering everything but his eyes having refused to stay at home. They could only hope no one would recognize him.

By the time morning came Angelina was out cold, her hand clasped with Edens as Robert sat awake. He felt too uneasy to rest his head.

A nurse entered throughout the early morning monitoring her progress, and she was given the go ahead to be released later that evening. Rest was going to be her number one friend for a while. 

Getting out of the hospital was no easy feet, paparazzi surrounded the entrance with little respect for the family. Angelina teared up in frustration, why couldn't they leave them alone for one minute.