Bondi Beach (iii)

***

"Mom!" 

Eden cried out in delight the minute Angelina stepped into the room her small arms raised up for a hug. 

"My baby!" Angelina cooed her eyes set firmly on Eden who was looking particularly small in the hospital bed. 

Marshall and Curtis were stationed in the uncomfortable hospital chairs beside Eden's hospital bed trying to keep her busy. The room was filled to the brim with balloons and fluffy teddy bears courtesy of Curtis. 

 Within the space of three hours the men spoiled Eden buying anything she could want or need although they were limited to the gift shop. It wasn't until they where refused at the till did they eventually stop.

 Chris and Liam had left not too long ago for a change of clothes and to reassure their own family members. The Marvel phenomenon had given his statement to the police an hour after arriving to the hospital. Eden being a minor meant the police had to wait until Angelina was present. 

The shark attack was being broadcasted around the world, the media using Marshall, Curtis and Chris names to gather further traction. They would do anything for the views. The media had no moral compass. It was only a matter of time that Eden's name would be leaked.

Pictures of the boys present at the scene of the accident would cause people to fill in the blanks especially after Eden's recent Instagram post of the beach. 

Angelina stayed quiet engulfing Eden in a motherly hug, time had never been so precious. 

After a while Marshall wondered if Angelina would ever release the little girl although it didn't seem that Eden minded her mother embrace.

It was a rather emotional reunion causing Eden to once again break down into tears. The recent events were too overwhelming for any little child to handle.

Time passed before Eden finally spoke, "I'm alright mom".

Sniffling Angelina pulled away cupping her daughters cheeks, "I know, you scared me though. Trouble seems to follow you everywhere, huh?" Ang chuckled dryly pressing a kiss to Eden's forehead. "My little baby"

"He was just hungry" Eden mumbled into her mothers chest, "the shark, he can't go shopping like we do" 

Marshall choked on his drink finding the comment all too amusing for the current situation. Curtis didn't even try as his chuckles filled the room. Although a sharp look from a nurse caused Curtis to clear his throat, " nah your right Eden"

"Yeah he probably thought we were fish or seals something he usually eats"

"I guess so.." Angelina mumbled nodding her head absentmindedly. In her dazed state Angelina didn't see Marshall stand up to greet her.

"Where did you learn about sharks, Eden" Curtis piped up curiously.

"The discovery channel" Eden replied her eyes flickering over to the door only then noticing Jacob. His eyes were obviously  red and puffy from crying.  

For their entire journey Jacob and Angelina listened tentatively to the radio broadcasting any news on the recent attack. To say it didn't ease their nerves was an understatement. But their line of misfortunes didn't end there as they pulled into the parking lot every form or media outlets seemed to be in attendance. Angelina and Jacob didn't make it inside unnoticed.

It was the first shark attack on Australia's most famous beach in over eighty years so it was only a matter of time before Edens name would be involved. Angelina could already see it now, the next few months were going to be hell.