Abby Strikes Back

***

Eden's eyes fluttered open and closed as she tried to tune into Abby Miller's speech. It was the morning of pyramid and to say Eden was exhausted would be an understatement. 

The young girl arrived home from New York at 4 am this morning after numerous photo-shoots, two interviews and numerous YouTube videos. With only 3 hours of sleep Eden was pulled from her warm bed and driven to the dance studio where Abby had scheduled an important private class for her.

In her sleepy state Eden couldn't control the yawn that escaped her, it caught the attention of the moms and girls who gave her both worried and questionable looks. Ms.Abby began her opening dialogue not wanting to draw extra attention to her sleepy student, she knew Eden worked harder than all of them combined.

"No surprise on the bottom of the pyramid is Payton. You knew that was coming and it's sad because your there because of your dancing" Abby said directing her attention to the teenager who shrugged in defeat.

"Well then she shouldn't be there because she didn't do anything wrong" Leslie piped in. 

"No, but you did" Abby fires back shooting the mom a look.

Eden's eyes flickered between the two women in a stand off, what were they talking about. The mothers expressions didn't falter meaning they knew exactly what had gone down. 

"Okay, I know that--"

"Your one unit, one team" Abby states finishing the argument quickly. 

"Next I have Kendall"

"W-why?" Jill stutters out in confusion a frown quickly settling on her face. She didn't think it was fair that her daughter got reprimanded for placing fifth and knew deep in her soul that Kendall wasn't safe on this team. Not until she was winning consecutively first place.

"You were given the opportunity of a life time, and you got top five? I'm looking for number one" Abby scolds her eyes unforgiving as Kendall begins to tear up. "You got to stop the crying crap, I want no babies on this team" she states before swiftly moving on.

"Next, we have Nia" Abby sighs, it was the same repetitive corrections over and over again. "Nia just another number, I'm still seeing technical issues. You have got work on them! whether that means extra practice at home or not, you must put in the hours"

"Next we have Paige same thing..nice job in the group routine and your mother didn't interrupt" 

Kelly breaks into a happy smile clapping for herself, the mothers cheer her on. Both Christie and Kelly had been moderately behaved this season and in return Abby was treating their daughters well.

"Moving up we have Mackenzie, I almost pulled you out of the number. But you did a good job and kept up with the older girls, but I expect more... Eden is not even a year older than you and look how well she can dance. You need to train harder, every time you dance must be better than the last. That goes for everyone!" Abby proclaimed looking down the line of girls.

"Next is Brooke. Why does it have to be all the singing or all the dancing why can't it be abut both? you can do that but you have to perform. Eden does it all the time, you have to put in the hours if you want to make a name for yourself" 

Kelly rolls her eyes in dismay but managed to hold her tongue. It wasn't fair to use Eden's life and success as an example, the girl had been working since the age of one. 

Eden internally whined at the comparison, knowing fame and work wasn't all that it was shacked up to be. For the majority of her time Eden was exhausted from jet leg or late night shoots. Although she thrived in her frantic life it got tiring after a while. She couldn't afford a break not with all the contracts she was tied into.