Tap versus Hip Hop

***

"Come on guys, keep it coming" Abby's voice traveled around the studio, gesturing through the door. She had been absent for the past two weeks working on her new spin-off 'Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition.

"So did you miss me?"

"Yes" the girls chorus, bright smiles on there faces.

"I missed all of my students here, however the moms not so much. So while you guys were in the studio, well some of you were here practicing, learning, training. I was doing Abby's Lee Ultimate dance competition in California. I was bettering myself as a teacher and choreographer. You all had the opportunity to come and see me in LA"Abby stated her eyes drifting over her girls.

"Maddie came out and worked with the kids and she performed a new solo. Eden even took time out of her busy schedule and performed a solo for us!" Abby informed the room, it was obvious she was annoyed that the other moms and girls didn't come out to support her.

"Did you guys have fun?"

"Yes"

The moms stood in silence, frowns adorned on all there faces. They had all agreed over the break that no one would send the kids to Abby's West Coast Competition because of the way she treats the girls. Obviously Melissa didn't stick to her word. They had known from the get go Eden was attending, Angelina didn't cave to the pressure they put her under.

Who where they to tell her not to send Eden forward for a job. Angelina had all but laughed in there face. If they thought Abby was bad they weren't ready for the industry. 

Everyone was cut throat, people wouldn't hesitate to stab you in the back to gain a better grounding. Thankfully Eden-Rose was exempt from this through her parents hard work. Angelina made it clear from the get go nobody was going to mess with her daughter.

"I'm anxious to get started, I want to see what all you have learned and I've checked the log books I know who has been in class and I know who hasn't"Abby stated her eyes scanning over the girls once again.

"Lets move onto the pyramid, If we can all remember back then. Brooke, the faculty here didn't see too much of you here while I was away"

"I was recording a CD so I was gone a week or two"

"Next I have Paige. Do you feel like you have improved?" Abby asked ignoring Brooke's reasoning. 

"Yeah, I think my turns have been getting better because we've had normal classes. So that I was able to work on them more" Abby nodded her head in acceptance, it was a good answer.

"Next we have Kendall, do you think you have been improving?"

"Yes! I have a private with James every week on my turns and he says they're getting much better"Kendall replied confidently.

 Jill beams with pride, they had been working hard in Abby's absence.

"Okay! next I have Nia. What about you?"

"I have been taking extra classes" Nia smiles.

"Well I think that's great! it will be good for you" Abby tells her surprising Holly with her positive feedback. It was a nice change, but still she was at the bottom of the pyramid.

"Moving up I have Mackenzie, you didn't win. You let Asia beat you. Because of your face and confidence! you need to use everything you have. Are you cute? sure! But are you getting a little too old for cute? look at Eden she's only a year older than you, can you dance like she can? Do you want to?"Abby states firing question after question at the little girl.