Chapter 28:

(Picture of melody)

-five years later-

"Mommy, w-w-where is my dolly." melody stuttered. She was turning five tomorrow . it will also have been five years since Derek's been gone.

I stopped looking for him two years ago but never gave up hope.

"I don't know baby, did you look in your room."

She ran upstairs and I yelled after her.

"No running melody."

I sat in the couch and started thinking about everything.

Melody came back into the living room with her doll and sat in the couch.

"It's bedtime sweetie."

"Awe b-b-but in not tired."

"Come one I'll tell you a story."

She smiled and her eyes lit up.

We entered her purple bedroom and she hopped in her bed.

"Tell me the o-o-one about the prince that was a werewolf and how he saved the girl."

"Okay but you have to lay down." She snuggles in her bed and held her doll close.

"Once upon a time there was a strong and handsome werewolf prince. he was kind to everyone and had a gentle heart.

One day was he was running in the forest he ran into a peasant girl who was treated very badly by her father.

she was scared and laying on the ground just as it began to rain. the girl began to cry and cry just as the prince approached her.

The prince picked up the girl and took her back to his castle. she was scared and Afraid of him. but then she started to see he was nice and gently.

They began to fall for one another, the moment they kissed they both knew they loved each other. they got married and had a beautiful baby. It was said that she was most beautiful and most powerful baby ever.

And they all lived happily ever after."

Melody began to yawn and close her eyes. just I got up from her bed I heard her speak.

"When is daddy coming home?"

"I don't know baby, he is still on his trip."

She fell asleep as I turned the light off and went to my room.

I always told her Derek was on a trip so she wouldn't know the truth. Her father was dead. sometimes I wanted to believe he was in a business trip and would be coming home any day now. but I knew I had to face the truth.

One day I would tell melody the truth, but just not now. when's she's older and had a better understanding of things.

She always like the bedtime story and so did i. it was Derek and my story but I changed most of it.

I miss him so much. the worst part about him being gone is the nightmares I have. they seem to real and they hurt.

Each time I wake up in tears and pain.

I crawled into bed on Derek's side and snuggled into the sheets.

I was running.

I couldn't stop, everything was moving fast. until I stopped and saw him.

"Derek." I said with a smile.

"It's over. the fighting is over." he said.

I started to walk closer to him, but the closer I got the more anxious i felt.