Chapter 8:

Lilly:

"Well..." I trailed off.

"I knew i went to a bar and-" I was cut off my derek.

"She's drunk."

I giggled and nodded.

"She found out about her dad." he said.

"Which reminds me I'm still mad at you for that."

Suddenly a wave of Nausea hit me like a truck.

"I don't feel well." I said.

" Then go vomit."

"No, it's not from the drinks."

Suddenly Logan touched my arm and I recoiled.

"She's freezing. Derek-"

Was the last thing I heard before I was surrounded my darkness.

Derek:

"She's freezing. Derek-"

Before Logan could finish Lilly started falling but I caught her before she hit the ground.

"She's not cold, what are you talking about."

"Well no shit, you can't feel it, it's the gift. I can tell when people are dying."

"What are you saying?" I said picking Lilly up and laying her in the couch.

"She's dying, it's her soul."

"Ezra. That bastard."

"The guy from the bar? Was she with him?"

"They were drinking."

"Derek I told you to keep her away from him, he's a tempter. It's kind of like a male version of a temptress, he hooks women on his looks and charm and slowly kills them. tempers feed off souls off innocent women."

"How do we help her? I can't lose her."

Suddenly I regretted everything, I just want my angel in my arms again.

"Not much, but you better be happy you got home in time. Anna I need your help, but I need Derek out of here."

"Im not leaving her her. I REFUSE."

Logan:

"GET HIM OUT!" I yelled.

Dave and Luke forced him to his office upstairs.

"What now?" Anna asked.

"Her heartbeat is fading." I whispered to myself.

I blew hot air into my cupped hands. After a while I opened my hands and bright light was coming from my hand.

The light turned into a ball and floated over Lilly and stopped and disappeared.

"Hurry, got get Derek." I said.

Seconds later everyone was downstairs.

"Derek you have to kiss her."

"I have no problem with that." He said leaning down and placing his lips on her. when he pulled away from the kiss he looked at her with tears in his eyes.

"Nothing happened." he said and started walking away.

Lilly:

I felt his warm lips on mine and Suddenly my eyes jolted open and I sat straight up gassing for air.

"What the hell?" I said.

Derek turned, he had tear streaming down his face.

"I though I lost you." he said running over to me and hugging me.

"Logan, how?" He asked.

"I can heal people remember, so I just used some healing magic and when you kissed her you gave her a part of your soul and bam she's alive."

"Wait, I died?"

"Almost, but like I promised nothing it's keeping us apart. Lilly I'm so sorry, for everything. I can't lose you. if you die then I die."

I crawled in his lap and wrapped my arms around his neck and his wrapped his arms around my waist.

"Alright well good night." Logan said and everyone was gone leaving Derek and I on the couch.

"Never do that to me again." he said hugging me tighter.

"I promise."

Soon our faces were so close to each other our noses were touching.

"Scared?"

I gulped and my face flushed.

"N-no." I said.

"Nervous?"

"Maybe." I whispered.

He leaned forward and cupped my cheek.

"Don't be." He whispered.

One hand was still on my cheek the other went to my waist. my hand went around his neck and in his hair.

His lips were pure. I didn't want it to stop, but I knew that would lead to something else.

It took every ounce of Strength to pull away.

"Stop." I said breathless.

His icy gaze met mine.

I didn't know what else to say so I got up and ran upstairs, leaving Derek downstairs.

When I went upstairs I changed into an oversized tee shirt that came down to my knees. as I exited the bathroom Derek entered the bedroom.

I looked away and crawled into bed, Derek crawled in after he turned the lights off.

My mind was going stir crazy. I don't know how to think, I don't know how to act and I sure as hell don't know what to feel anymore.

It's like I don't want him but I need him. it feels right when I'm with him.