Chapter 2

"How was school, honey?"

When I got home, I thought my aunt was asleep because she usually is, but even though the living room lights were off, I heard her calling me from her room. It was obvious that he was into books.

"All the same."

My aunt got up and came to the door and took my hand just as she was going to mine, "Y/N, you should know, I know you've had a hard time, you just can't get used to it here. But a job and school will do you good because you have to keep your mind busy, dear."

I knew she was right, my aunt had arranged my job at the grocery store, and when I moved in after my parents left, she acted immediately. I think she was afraid that I would get lost in anxiety and depression. We didn't talk to her much about the accident, but I know she feel that way about me.

"Aunt, don't worry. You'll be fine as a parent!"

She caresses my cheek as she looks at me with a sweet smile, "So is there a cute guy at school?"

Talking about men with my aunt was new to me, but I guess I'll have to get used to it, "Not really."

Her question got me thinking about my last customer at the grocery store tonight. He's the mystery man. I know I don't know much about him, actually nothing more than his name. But he was sexy and I had serious disagreements about going to the exhibition where he invited me.

"I asked a friend to come over tomorrow. She's a good girl, she was the one who took care of me before you moved in.I can't wait to introduce you to her."

"Of course I will," I said as I went to my room, "I'd love to meet your friend before go to school, aunt."

After I told her I was going to bed, I went into my room and threw myself on the bed in my dirty clothes. I've never had this habit, I always take a shower before going to sleep, but tonight was an exception. Who cares if I take a shower when my head is full of thoughts and my body is so tired?

I didn't want to act like a stupid baby but my hand went to the phone. You know, something that you know is harmful or forbidden to you winks at you like a shiny polished apple to be plucked from its branch, and you can't resist it.

So I did, I started looking for his name. I was disappointed that I couldn't find anything other than his work and career so far, but it was comforting. I just have to stop thinking about the weird guy I saw once.

I immediately hung up the phone and put it aside, and after watching the ceiling silently for a while, I dropped myself into the sweet embrace of sleep.

--

Yoongi's POV

I hid behind the tree to see her enter the house.

Although I don't know why I did this, when the light, which I guessed to be her room, came on, I stuffed my hands in my pockets and started walking absentmindedly.

Wondering about a girl I know nothing about would cause a lot of trouble, though I hope she never finds out the real reason I invited her to the exhibition.

I wanted to see her again.

She probably doesn't realize it, but I wonder how her fragile reflection will come to my brush. I didn't even think to ask her, knowing she was too young and beautiful to agree to modeling for a middle-aged man in a troubled marriage. Who would want?

Maybe I'll see her again, maybe we'll never meet again. Probably the last one would be the best.

There was a very fine line between the two and I've already started to develop some thoughts about it.