Chapter 32

I've been staying with him for a month. Namjoon didn't leave my side even for a moment during the funeral and burial process. He shared everything with me, never spared me anything, was there whenever I needed him, and did his best to make me feel good. He was the most special person I've ever met.

He talked to my lawyer again. Namjoon told him that he was 22 years old so he could be my temporary foster family, asking my lawyer to take action for it. He did everything he could for me, even more.

After some time I recovered and the first day I had to go to school was as hard for me as the day I got the news of my aunt's death. Jungkook would be there. Jimin would be there. And Taehyung.He would be in college, but still, it seemed like this guilt would never go away.

Namjoon was still sleeping before I left for school since he was at the bar in the nights. I walked into the kitchen and made myself a cup of coffee when I saw him lean against the door with sleepy eyes, "Why didn't you wake me up, I would have made coffee for you."

"Let me do that much." I said smiling at him, "Would you like one too?"

"It would be great." in his morning voice that was thicker than usual, he came to me and grabbed my shoulders, "I know you're worried about today even if you don't tell me Y/N but you shouldn't treat yourself like that. Jungkook is still your friend, I'm sure he won't turn his back on you because of your aunt and dad's past."

"How do you know me so well?" I asked.

"I'm your new guardian, remember?" he pulled me to his chest as a small smile spread across his cute face, "I don't feel so alone in this house anymore."

I mumbled to where I lay my head, "I don't feel that bad anymore either, and it's all because of you. I really don't even know how to say thank you."

Namjoon smirks as he pushes me away, "You can cook something tonight when you get back from school. You know I'm very clumsy at cooking and many other things. I'd love to do it on my own but I'm afraid I won't be able to. That's why we had to eat out every night."

"That's all? I'd be happy to cook for you." I said, "You're so incompetent."

I was horrified as soon as the signal signaling that the coffee I had put in the machine was already cooked, it moved before our eyes. But Namjoon was laughing, "Who is the incompetent one?"

--

I entered the classroom with a lot of nervousness. As soon as I took my step, I met Jungkook's eyes on one of the back rows, sitting next to Jimin, and immediately lowered my head and went to my own place. I saw him swallow lightly as he looked at me.