Chapter 8

It was chemistry class.

That lesson that Yoongi officially says he hates and Jeon Jungkook excels at. Jungkook took advantage of the empty space next to me and quickly sat down and stared at my notebook, "I told you I could help you."

He placed his finger on the question for which I had drawn a large question mark next to it, and said the answer he thought was correct.

"You don't have to help me just because my aunt wants it." I said.

"No, not because of that." Jungook grinned and tugged at the clip on the top of his head by his friend named Park Jimin, "I want to be friends with you."

My question was very clear, "Why?"

"You ask why?" Jungkook looked a little confused, "Because you're beautiful, sweet and good."

"Where did you get these from?" I laughed a little at him, "You don't know me at all. Maybe I'm a maniac."

A slight blush settled on his cheeks, and he leaned in slightly so that the teacher who was busy lecturing wouldn't hear us, "I want it anyway."

There were low whispers from a few people who did not understand why the strange new girl and the popular sports boy were standing side by side. Meanwhile, as soon as the bell rang that announced the end of the cursed school, I pulled out my phone, my aunt was calling.

"Hi honey, are you available?"

"Yes aunty, I was going out just now." I stood up and slung my backpack over my shoulder, giving a cheesy look to Jungkook, who was still sitting there.

"Please don't be mad at me, dear, but I told  that you would help with Yana's husband's exhibition since I knew you wouldn't be going to the market today."

"What?" Before I could stop walking and go out into the corridor, I stood where I was, "Aunt, what do I have to do with this exhibition?"

"The exhibition is tonight dear, Yana said she has some work today and can't help with the preparations. Her voice sounded bad, maybe there is a problem between them, I don't know."

"I still don't understand what exactly you want me to do there?" I said, biting my nails.