03 || care

Yewon came home tired from school, she quietly opens the door, afraid that she might wake up her father who was currently sleeping soundly on the couch while holding a bottle of beer

There were no sign of her mother's presence. She looked for her but she wasn't on sight, her mother should be home at this time but she wasn't. Yewon panics and looked everywhere, still not seeing her mother.

A glass shattering was heard downstairs, making Yewon stop on her tracks. She then carefully peeked at her father and saw that he was now awake. "Yebin!" Her father shouted, standing up from the couch and starts to look for her.

Yewon knew she's in danger. She quickly ran inside her room to hide. She was now frightened since her mother wasn't home yet. "It's gonna be okay, everything's gonna be okay" Yewon said to herself, closing her eyes while her cat, Nana sat on her lap.

"Yebin!" Her father yells again but this time, he was angrier. There was no response, silence overtook the house. Yewon stayed quiet, not daring to answer but when her father got no response, his footsteps that was coming closer to her room is becoming more clearer.

"There you are!" Yewon's eyes widened as he was now infront of her, "Where's your mother, huh?" He grabbed her hair harshly making her whimper in pain. "I don't know, Father."

"You calling me 'Father' disgusts me. You were a mistake, now, since you are a burden, you should pack your things and leave this house." He said, letting her go and opens her closet, throwing her clothes on the floor.

Gladly.

---

"Actually you know what? You should stay at ours as long as you like!" Konon said. Seeing her best friend in the cold night, she couldn't bear to see her like that. Konon knew it'd take time for her parents to agree, but she pitied Yewon. Especially at the thought of her living in the streets with no home to stay in.

"Are your parents even okay with that?" Yewon looked down at Nana and lets out a small smile. "Yeah, they're totally fine with it." She assures and kneeled down to pat Nana.

"Thank you so so much, Konon." Yewon weakly smiles as she welcomes her inside.

Riki was eavesdropping, he became sad after knowing Yewon's whole story. But now that she's staying at their place, he'll get to talk to her everyday with no one interrupting.

"Won," He stared at her and at Nana that was in Konon's arms. "Nana!" He gasps and immediately took nana from Konon, giving her small kisses.

"Now now Riki, don't get too excited. We all can agree that Nana loves my kisses more, right Yewon?" Konon glances at her, having a chesire smirk on her face as Riki rolled his eyes. "In your dreams"

Nana doesn't even like kisses.. Yewon snickers at the two siblings having a silly fight infront of her.

"Oh yeah? You think so? Well, Yewon likes me more. Ha! How about that?" Konon links her arms with her's and stuck her tongue out at him.

"Why'd you bring up Yewon?! This is about Nana, not her." He scoffs.

"You're just jealous."
"Why would I be jealous?!"
"Because you like her"

Nobody dared to speak after Konon had said, she covers her mouth in realization that she had blurted out the secret of her brother. Riki was now giving her glares and she knew she's fucked up.

"Uhh.."
"Let's go Yewon, it's late." Konon took her hand and led her to her room to avoid Riki. Yewon looked back at him and mouthed something, he wasn't a expert with reading lips so he didn't knew what she said.

---

13 missed calls from her mother was the first thing she saw early in the morning. She groggily sits up on her bed, looking around and remembers that she stayed over at her friend's.

She didn't feel like calling her back and just set her phone aside.

"Rise and shineeeee!" Riki swinged the door open. Konon groans, picking up a pillow and throwing it at him, luckily, he dodged it. "Look sis, I don't know what's your problem but you have to wake your lazy ass up. It's still Thursday"

"Huh, Isn't it Saturday?"
"It's Thursday and we have school.."
"WHAT"

Yewon and Konon were now fully awake, they looked at each other before jolting up from their bed and were hurrying to get ready.

Konon was the first one to enter the bathroom before Yewon, causing a little argument between the two that nobody took seriously, making them waste time. Riki pushed his sister out of the way and gave way to Yewon. "Shower already, we're gonna be late. Hurry up too"

"That's kinda rude you know." Konon said while rubbing her left arm. "You're a bitch, Riki"

"But that just shows how much you care for h-"
"Shut yo bitch ass."

"Uh guys-" Yewon spoke up, troubled. "I forgot to bring my uniform with me."

"Oh that's okay! Konon has an extra" He smiles. Yewon nods and closes the bathroom door while Konon attacks her brother. "Ow! Ow! Ow! What the hell?"

"I don't have an extra uniform you punk."
"Let her use your uniform today then, it's just for today anyways."

"You're so crazy" She tsks and walks away proceeding to get ready for school.

"I just care for her you know." He mumbles

"I heard that"