06 || a fight

Months passed by, everything was going smoothly for Yewon

Months passed by, everything was going smoothly for Yewon. She was enjoying life with the Lee's and couldn't be much grateful to them.

However, she kept having missed calls by her biological mother. She had a heavy feeling, she wanted to call her back but she's afraid that she might come back from her old home. Where her toxic father belongs.

She shakes the thought off and continued watching Sunoo and Jungwon fight over who's gonna win the game.

They were heavily swearing. Heeseung didn't even bother to discipline them since he also did the same thing a few minutes ago. Their parents weren't home, they had work overseas, that's why they're freely swearing.

Yewon bit her lip, preventing her from laughing anytime soon when Sunoo lost the game. He threw glares at his younger brother and eventually, he grabbed his hair.

Jungwon whimpers, "Stop hyung! It hurts! Ow!" He tried removing Sunoo's grip from his hair. "I might become bald soon, hyung!" He whines.

"Alright, alright you guys. Stop it now" Yewon said between her laughs, stopping the two. 

"You guys are acting like kids" Heeseung sighs. "Plus, you both only listen to Yewon and not me when I'm literally the oldest."

"Yeah, you're old hyung." Jungwon sheepishly smiles after his remark. Heeseung took a deep breath and fakely smiles.

"I'll murder you in your sleep."

She watches them have fun. They had a good bond. Smiling at the sight, her shoulder started becoming heavy as someone's head was laying on it. Looking over, she sees that it was Jake.

"Are you okay, Won?" He questions upon seeing her space out. She might be thinking about her biological parents again. It pained him to see her sad.

"Are you talking to me?" Jungwon interfere.
"No, I'm talking to Yewon. Stop assuming things"
"Okay chill, you know damn well that there's two 'Won' so no need to be bitter Hyung"
"I'm not being bitter!"

She now watches a fight unfold.

"Nah shut up, imagine looking like a literal cat—"
"Why's everyone fighting today!" Heeseung inhales deeply, completely done with his younger brothers.

"They want Yewon's attention, that's why." Jay spoke up as all of them turned their heads at him.
"I do not!" Sunoo defended himself.
"Oops, that just shows that it's true." Jay smirks at him.

"Yewon only pays attention to us if we have a silly argument! But in the end, it just makes us look like goofy ahhs" Jungwon sulks and flops on the couch, sitting beside her.

"Woooooooon" He whines, hugging her and removed Jake's head on her shoulder aggressively which he lets out a groan.

"You fight with literally anyone at this moment except for Yewon." Jake glares at him.

"I don't fight with Yewon. She has had enough." Jungwon responded, knowing how her life was before.

All of them went quiet but it wasn't in an awkward way. It was a comfortable,  peaceful one.

"We're always here with you, Yewon. Especially me." Jungwon murmurs.

She thoughts that it was sweet of him. To be always with her, thinking that he's harmless.

She was wrong.

Today, she found out that Sunghoon and him started giving Riki death threats. All because he was her friend.

She thought it was just a joke so she lets it be, they're close friends. She doesn't wanna believe it until Riki himself told her.

The death threats started getting more worse. However, that didn't stop Riki from being friends with her. He isn't just gonna end their friendship because they're threatening him.

Riki sighs, showing her the messages that they had sent.

"Aren't you guys.. best friends?" Yewon couldn't believe at what she saw. It was really hard to believe. They were sweet guys, how can they do such a thing?

"We are but we started becoming more distant after they knew you and became their step sister." Riki holds her hand,

"That place isn't safe, Yewon. You can stay at mines. Just- just leave there with them unaware." Yewon shakes her head in disapproval.

"Absolutely not. How can I know this isn't some sort of prank?"
"Are you seriously saying that this is a prank, Yewon? I'm dead serious."
"I can't just leave, Riki! They're the only ones I got. They treat me as real family. I've never been treated like that my whole life before." Yewon argues. She started to become irritated at him.

"Yewon—"

"Just give me time to think, Riki. Though, there's low chance that I'll agree with you"

---

"Hey." Sunghoon came over to her, having a light smirk on his face.

"Heeseung's gonna rage when he finds out you sneaked out." He said, trying to be quiet as possible. Yewon bites her lip, "Should I just sleep at the living room? Heeseung and my room is literally infront of each other."

"You can stay in my room for tonight. Let's play games the whole night! Are you up?" Sunghoon offered, smiling. Yewon couldn't resist. Even though she's bad at games, she just wanted to distract herself from what Riki said earlier.

"Alright. Let's stay as quiet as possible. Heeseung will hear us." He whispers and grabs her hand, leading the way.

I got you, Yewon.