08 || worried

T

T

he house was quite of a mess. Without their parents, no one can discipline them. Heeseung was trusted by them to look over his brothers and Yewon but he's the one always attending parties.

Now— Jay is the most reliable one among them.

"Yewon, pass me the pepper." He said. Jay was cooking for his siblings, without Heeseung, it was a hassle. The other brothers weren't that much helpful except for the youngest, Jungwon.

"Hyung, where are the plates-"

"It's at the top. I don't think you can reach it. You're short." Jay teases his younger brother who now looks at him, raising an eyebrow.

"Shut up, hyung. I'm not short. I have a perfect height for a perfect face."
"You're becoming like Sunoo."
"I don't care."

"Oh hey Won" He notices the girl that awkwardly watches the two of them chatter and also having a mini-fight.

She smiles, downward and avoided his gaze. Never wanting to make eye contact with him nor the other brothers for such a long time. It made her feel.. weird.

"Oh god she's spacing out again." A familiar voice sasses.
"I think she likes to space out but I'm not sure"
"Real."

Snapping out of her little thoughts, she looks around and sees Sunoo and Jake, staring at her.

"Finally! We've been trying to talk to you earlier but.. you were the usual you, spacing out again." Sunoo huffs.

"But it's not like I'm complaining anyways." He smiles, taking her hand, "Let's go have lunch!"

Lunch? I thought Jay was still cooking.. how can time be so fast

Sitting in between Sunoo and Sunghoon, Yewon noticed that a figure is missing. The oldest sibling.

"Where's Heeseung?" She questions, partially to Sunoo who she is always with and is very close.

Sunoo shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know ask Sunghoon hyung, he knows."

"Sungh-"
"Heeseung hyung attended a party last night until now, he hasn't come home." Sunghoon explained, shaking his head in disappointment.

"I bet he's gonna get some milk."
"Enough of your jokes, Jake." Jay audibly sighs, glaring at him.

"Okay, so as I was saying.." Jungwon took a sip of water before continuing and looked around to see if the attention is on him.

"Our summer vacation is almost over and school is almost starting." Sunoo gasps dramatically,

"School?! Oh my gosh, I almost forgot about that hellhole! I don't want to come back there just to end up receiving a paper and a handshake!"

"School's pretty fun when you're NOT DUMB" Sunghoon made sure that Sunoo heared it.

"I, Jake Lee 100% agree." The third oldest brother nodded along with Sunghoon. He smirks in victory.

"Tsk, your opinion doesn't really matter. Whatever."

"How about you, Yewon?" Sunoo looks at the clueless girl. She never really listened to their talks when at the dining table, all that matters is, she is full afterwards.

"Uh... uhm, me?"

"Yeah.. you." All eyes were glued on her and it felt miserable. It was uncomfortable. Despite months of living there, she still wasn't used to it.

"S-school is great! Yeah.." She answered earning a chuckle from Sunghoon,

"See, Sunoo. If maybe you aren't dumb you would enjoy school!"

"Just shut the fuck up and eat your food."

---

Walking with the Lee's at school made her felt knowing that they're the richest people in the school made her way confident.

Eyes were on them especially to Yewon.

Yewon had received glares from girls for being close with the ones they admired but it wasn't her fault because after all, she's their step-sister.

Once they had to separate ways and head to their class. Yewon was now alone with Jungwon.

And that also means Yewon will encounter Riki. She remembered the fight with him, and she felt guilty. But she just couldn't believe him.

Yewon glances at Jungwon, he looked innocent, how can he do such things? He could never and would never.

"Won.. why are you looking at me like that?"

"Did you sent Riki death threats?" She spoke up, finally having enough courage to ask. Though, she knew he would deny it yet, she badly wanted to know the truth. Whether the messages Riki showed her were fake.

"W-what?! No, of course not. Did he told you that?" Seeing his nervous face, she sensed that it was true but a part of her trusted him.

"Please tell the truth-" Yewon was cut off when the school bell rang making the conversation discontinued. And it found him a way to escape from her questions.

Thank you, Sunghoon hyung. He smirks, entering the classroom after his older brother had helped him get away.

Yewon entered the room after him, seeing Riki look at her, she smiles at him but he just looked away. Her smile faded and quickly sat on her seat when the professor came in.

I'm sorry, Riki.

She wanted to tell those words to him but she felt like he's avoiding her.

Even Konon too.

Yewon never wanted this to happen.

"Konon, please talk to me.." Yewon pleaded her best friend that was ignoring her.

As she finally looks at the pleading girl, she sighs, "Why do you like that place so much? Why don't you just come back at our place?"

"Why.. you too?"
"We are worried for you, Yewon. Riki is sickly worried about you. How come you don't realize that?!"

"Those brothers... Are bad people. They've been sending my younger brother death threats! He showed you enough proof but you kept sticking around with those people." Yewon was now breathing heavily, trying to not cry.

"We are worried about you especially Riki."