23 || lucky enough

Before he could knock on the door, Yewon was fast enough to open it before anyone could

No one should know that she's inviting Minhee over. Not even Jiwon.

"Come in" She says quietly.

Minhee took off his shoes and arranged it beside the other's. Yewon averted her gaze at him.

"You don't need to." She nervously laughs, "Just wear your shoes inside. It's fine."

"Are you sure? Your parents might be angry about it." Minhee replied, bending over to pick up his shoes. "I'll just bring them wherever I'm at"

Yewon nodded and looked around.

"Let's go to my room."
"Why do you look scared, Yewon? Is something wrong?" Minhee noticed her odd behavior.

"I'm okay. Let's just go."

The two made their way to her room in silence. Minhee had a worried expression displayed on his face.

Is she really okay?

The two youngest vampires stood still, staring at both humans almost disappearing from their sight.

"I never heard from him before." Jungwon looked at Riki who smirked in response.

"How about you, Riki?"
"Quite the opposite. I know him so much."
"Impressive."

..
"I want to talk about Jinyeong." Yewon crosses her arms, staring at Minhee's confused eyes.

"What about him?"

"You told me he felt like he's being watched. You should tell nobody about this, okay?" Minhee pursed his lips. "But can I tell Jinyeong about this?"

"No. Not even Jinyeong." She answered, letting out a heavy sigh. Minhee observed her.

She was walking back and forth, biting her lips and fidgeting with her hands.

Something's definitely not right.

"Do you believe in vampires? Do you think they are true?" Yewon questioned him making him tilt his head. "Vampires? Real? I really don't know. I personally think they're just supernatural."

"What if they are real?"
"I would just hide in my room my entire life." Minhee let out a small laugh. "They aren't real anyways, so I don't need to panic."

"What if they are real, Minhee? What if you'll encounter one in the near future?"

"Woah woah. Easy there." Minhee smiles. "What makes you think they're real hm? You got some proof?"

"You're literally in a house full of vampires, Minhee. I'm telling you the truth."

Minhee laughed loudly, "And why would I believe you?"

Yewon came closer to him, showing her bitten neck. "I was one of their victims. And you have to help me escape here."

Minhee stared at her neck. "That's probably make up... Ain't no way vampires are roaming around earth."

"Is this why you wanted me here? To help you out?" Minhee eyed the girl who nodded. "I want you to help me and Jiwon, my friend who's a victim too."

"You know I'm a powerless human. I can't help you both out here. I sincerely apologi-"
"You can't let us stay here!"
"How many are they?" Minhee held her shoulders, gazing into her eyes.

"Seven of them.." She whispers.
"I'm only one, Yewon. I am also powerless." Minhee said. "I'm sorry. I can't do anything about your situation."

"The police may help?" Yewon had a glint of hope in her eyes but it died down eventually when Minhee responded.

"The police are like me too. Both powerless. Yewon, there are seven of them; vampires to be exact. What can the police do? Arrest them?"

Before Yewon could utter a word, a loud banging on the door was heard. They both perked their heads at the door nervously.

"Yewon! Open the door!" Jake yelled outside from her room.

She pushed Minhee away and motioned him to hide.

Minhee quickly hid under the bed, not forgetting to bring his shoes too.

"Stop banging on the door, can't you wait?" Yewon grumbled and hastily opened it. "What is it you want?"

"I can smell someone elses blood here." Jake gently pushed her aside. "Did you have anyone over, hm?"

"No. You don't even allow me to have friends." She answered and sat on the bed.

"It's probably my blood you sensed."
"Of course not. I know what yours are like.. under the bed.. I can sense it.."

"I told you, I didn't bring anyone over!" Yewon stood up and blocked Jake from looking down at the bed. "Can you just go? I'm not in the mood to see your face."

"Why are you so mean? I just wanted to see-"
"Out!"

pop!

Yewon held her now red cheeks.

"Don't you ever tell me what to do, Yewon Choi. Now move."

"N-no! I won't let you!"

"You really are hiding someone under your bed huh. You've been sleeping with someone?"
"What the fuck? Of course not!" Yewon was extremely pissed. How could he assume such a thing?

"Is the someone in particular: Kang Minhee?" Her eyes widened as Jake's mouth formed into a small smirk.

"See? Guilty." Jake stepped away from her bed, "Kang Minhee, you can come out now. No need to hide. I won't harm you."

Minhee was shaking. He slowly crawled out under the bed and sighed in relief knowing he isn't dead. yet.

"I'm sorry... I'll just go now-"
"Not so fast." Jake teleported infront of the door, "You aren't going anywhere when you know the truth about us."

"W-what? What did-? What happened? Why were you so fast? I'm confused." Minhee took a glimpse of Yewon, wanting answers.

"Yewon already told you everything. About vampires, isn't it?" Jake walked towards the scared boy.

"Heeseung hyung will handle you. I don't want my hands to get dirty." Jake shaked at the thought.

"You're lucky enough because I'm merciful but my brothers aren't."

"May you enjoy your stay here, Kang." He added and disappeared from their sight.

"L-let's escape here, Yewon! Now!" Minhee grabbed Yewon's hand.

"Escape from us? I don't think so." Heeseung chuckled, suddenly appearing behind them. "Didn't Jake tell you already? I will be the one to handle you, Kang."

Minhee slowly turned around, locking eyes with Heeseung.

"I assume you are Heeseung..." 
"That's right, Kang." He smirks.

Yewon... wake up. It's been so long!
wake up, don't let them fill your mind.