coldness confusion

some say the world will end in fire, some say ice

AHHHHHHHHHH......
PLEASE......
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.......
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH........
STOP.....STOP.........
ABHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.........
I..CANT....

Screams of pain and anguish was all Edward heard that night he spent with Bella.

At first, he thought there was something wrong. A robber, murderer or something but after inspecting the house he found no trace of foul play.

Instead, he found the source. The screams were coming from the attic, where a girl with chocolate-brown hair lay. There were blemishes on her face where her tears had fallen. And next to her bed, there was an opened bottle of pills.

The room itself was messy and dark. Suitcases were discarded to the side, dust on the study table and chair even cobwebs on the long-forgotten library. The only item that was untouched by the mess was a green bottle with little round white pills and a pair of leather gloves.

Edward took notice of the girl again. He was surprised he could read her mind, considering her twin's shield that prevented him from doing so. However, this girl had no dreams. Just a sound. Nails being dragged on a chalkboard. Painful screams that echoed throughout her mind. Her medication had done little to numb them but at least anything was better than nothing.

He strode into her room to look at her, but as he got closer his vampiric body felt cold. Colder that anything. This was impossible as a vampire's body could not feel the cold due to nerves being, for lack of a better word, dead. But Edward did. He felt a shiver running up his body as he got closer to the girl. He looked at the window still and saw them slowly crystallizing from the bottom.

In the room of cold and darkness Edward was surprised to see the tiny human not even shuddering at the drop in temperature. Her core temperature remained unfazed at the coldness.

And then suddenly Edward's golden eyes dilated.

He saw the moon shining through her round window on her body only to reveal her hair had strands of white. This was not the usual white hairs humans would normally find but a cluster of her brunette hair had turned into a bright white shade.

The white was shimmering under the moonlight. It was something magical. Something hypnotizing. Something that Edward Masen Cullen had truly never seen before in his 100 years of existence.

As if a siren call was beckoning to him the vampire stretched his arm out toward the girl. Wanting to feel her presence when suddenly his hand started to freeze nearing the impact.

White snow crystallized his hand slowly leading up to his arm. Alarmed by the sudden development Edward retracted his arm and backed into the corner of her room hitting the wall behind him with a thud.

Awakened by the sound, Elle rose from her slumber to take note of her surrounding.

Elle was covered in a cold sweat, with raspy breathing and a blurry vision. She looked around her dark bedroom trying to find the reason for the unknown sound she heard.

When she couldn't register the vampire hiding in the dark next to her library Ella placed her hands over her face and combed through her hair.

"Weird and paranoid. That's a good combination." She muttered to herself in a low whisper.

She looked to her nightstand and took another pill and chugged the opened water bottle that she had saved just for this occasion.

After she finished drinking, she took a deep breath and fell back on her mattress. And closed her eyes hoping for any semblance of peace. 

Astounded by the human girl and her actions Edward immediately left her room as soon as the opportunity rose. He did not know what had just happened nor could he register it. He went back to his girlfriends room to check up on her.

Bella was still sound asleep, clutching on her sheets she looked peaceful. She looked to be in a world of tranquility without worrying about the supernatural that was lurking in the corner.

He pressed a light kiss on her forehead and left through her window. He ran back to his family's abode. Edward was confused about the events that had just transpired with Bella's twin and something about her just gave him a feeling.

A very, very, very bad feeling.