voiceless screams

If teardrops could be bottledThere'd be swimming pools filled by models- Billie Elish

There'd be swimming pools filled by models
- Billie Elish

The sun shone through Noelle's window.

It was another day. It was another opportunity for Noelle to block out her family.

According to Charlie, today was the she was enrolling into the wonder that was Forks High School. She wasn't particularly excited about attending high school alongside her twin.

All throughout their life the Swan twins attended different schools not by choice but because of Renee.

As Noelle rose gracefully from her bed she gandered at her room. Last night was too dark to really look at her childhood room. She let out a smile from her lips. She liked this room. This room did not hold any bad memories for Noelle. It was not tarnished with the anguish of the accident and the swarm of bad memories. But, her room at Renee's dingy old house was just crawling, seeping with darkened shadows of her pain.

And Noelle Swan made a promise never to return to that room.

Never to return to that house.

Never to return to the person she was.

As she took in her promises, Noelle brushed her hands over her face and walked to the shower.

She reached her ungloved hand to the doorknob, while simultaneously grabbing a towel. She left the comfort of her room and headed to the shower.

She proceeded to unrobe herself and step into the white marble tub. Turning the knob, the hot water dribbled down her translucent skin. The hot water, opposite to her cold nature washed over her anxiety and stress. Soon she felt herself relax, she felt all of her walls tumbling down, melting away like ice cream on a hot day day.

BAM! BAM! BAM!

Noelle suddenly spiked up at the sudden noises. She could hear the shrill voice of her twin asking her hurry up and stop wasting all the hot water. Noelle cursed at her twin's shrewdness. Was a moment of peace hard to ask for in this damn house, she thought mentally.

After months of living alone Noelle had forgotten the privilege of privacy. She had forgotten the nonchalance of not caring who saw her cold side. And that is when it hit Elle.

She had forgotten the nonchalance of not caring.

She had forgotten that she no longer lived alone.

She had forgotten that vigilance now extended to her her own home.

She had to be on-guard, 24-7 in her own home.

Her place of safety was now ruined. At the thought of this realization Noelle Swan crumbled into a million little pieces.

She lost her strength and fell to her knees while the hot water kept pouring its boiling, slopping kisses down her body.

Noelle's heart broke. She kept her face into her hands, screaming quiet screams. They are the worst kinds really.

Imagine being in pain, and then wanting to release it and having to be silent in-fear of the people around you. It's a constant brutal cycle of anguish.

Never being able to let go of the pain; never being able to cry from it; never being able to voice it.

Allowing the water to mix with her salty tears, she shakily turned off the knob.

Her fear of no more privacy, no more being able to free her thoughts Noelle began to feel fear. She hastily left the tub, cautiously stepping outside the tub. She was careful not to slip on the rug. She held on the metal bar that was holding her towel.

Noelle's eyes widen at the sudden snow crystals were appearing on the metal bar. She cursed herself for being so stupid.

How could she have forgotten the gloves.

She ripped her towel-robe from the bar and place her hands firmly on her towel, not wanting to cause damage to anything or mostly importantly, anyone else!

She used her towel as a makeshift pocket to slowly unlock and open the bathroom door. She let out a breath she didn't knew she was holding. It was going to get easier now. All she needed to do was walk to her room; to her gloves.

"What the hell!"