siblings and bonds

Envy is the religion of the mediocreCarlos Ruiz Zafón

Carlos Ruiz Zafón

The winds howled and howled.

Bella clasped her boyfriends arm and sought shelter under a tree. The Cullen sibling followed their actions.

Although the winds couldn't possibly hurt them they had to keep up with the pretence that they were fragile, little humans ready to die of any natural calamity.

Bella couldn't understand how the storm suddenly sprang up on them. There was nothing reported about a storm nearing Forks. Could it all be related to Elle and her affliction? Bella wondered all the possibilities while still stuck to her boyfriends arm.

The winds were picking up pace and Edward grew worried. He knew the cause of the storms and it was not getting any better. The cause of the storm was getting anxious and losing control. Whatever the hell she was she needs to get her shit straight, Edward thought to himself.

As the nearby trees starting breaking down Edward quickly covered Bella in hopes of protecting her and right now the storm was getting too strong for his liking. So Edward wrapped his arm around his girlfriends waist and held her as close as it was physically possible for him without hurting her.

"I am running Bella in." Edward told his pretend-siblings. They were listening intently. Emmet was propped up against the tree they were under, providing support to it in case the wind decided to blow it down on them. Rose was beside him, like always.

Alive held on to her husband, who had taken an interest in the most anxious and stressed out girl he has felt. He couldn't describe the feeling but it was as if her mood had something to do with the sudden change in the weather. It was as if she was an important variable into how the storm is playing out.

Edward, reading his brother's thoughts, looked toward Jasper and said, "you are right Jasper. It's her. It what I have been telling you all!" .

And with that thought Edward swift tightened his hold on Isabella and dashed to the school. He made sure to enter through one the exits located at the back of the school to avoid the gawking students.

With Edward's and Bella's leave the storm got stronger. It was is it was wailing in pain now. It was screaming and thrashing. The storm was angry at the the world and it's people. Angry at everything and everyone around it. The storm looked to create chaos and wreak havoc on its wrong-doers.

Jasper felt all of this.

It was the first time he had felt the emotions of something other than a human being. It was strange turn of events for him.

How could the storm feel?
How could it have gone through the pain it describes?

The answer to all of those questions was the girl. Noelle Swan. She was the cause of this. And as she slowly sank to the ground, giving in to her emotions Jasper made his way toward her only to be stopped by an arm around his.

"Stop!"

Jasper turned his head to his golden-blond sister whose eyes had turned into the hungry shade of dark onyx. She was furious.

"What the hell do you think you are doing?"

"She needs help Rose. I have to help her."

Jasper tried to wiggle his arm out of her grasp but Rose's grip was tightening. If he wanted to Jasper could easily break through her grip but he didn't want to hurt his soul-sister.

"Rose, please." Jasper pleaded, hoping to apply to some sort of humanity left with Rose.

"Jas, remember what Carlisle said. If you go against him, it could be punishable."

"I know."

With that final statement, Rose nodded and loosens her grip on her brother's arm. Jasper, needing no more of an incentive ran to the defeated girl.

He pushed through a calm feeling to her, hoping his gift might have an sort of effect on her. And it did. Jasper felt her gift slowly trying to find a foothold within her but Elle was fighting it. She was restraining the gift's effect.

Jasper reached Elle and caught her slumped body as she was reaching for the ground. The sudden contact surprised Elle and she turned back to face her mysterious 'saviour'.

Even with the strongly, polarized sunglasses Jasper super strength could easily peer through them and looked into her white irises. He could see their glimmer and fear. He could see her fear easily. It was as if her shimmering, translucent eyes were a mirror to her soul. Reverting back the truth without Elle ever knowing they did so.

"Let it help you." Jasper spoke in a quiet, calm voice.

His voice soothed over her stress. Something about Elle made Jasper very protective. He felt he needed to help her and protect whenever she needed. And most importantly Jasper felt like he could trust her no matter.

Soon he realized that Elle Swan reciprocated the same feeling as she let his gift take over her train of thought and as a result, the storm slowly died down.

Maybe the world wasn't so bad after all.

But,

on the other side of the school, Edward Cullen heard it all. He heard both the conversation, and Jasper's internal thoughts about Elle and it did not make him happy.

Bella noticing her vampire's sudden change in mood asked, "Edward, what's wrong? Is everything okay?"

"No."

"I don't understand?"

"Your sister has a bond with Jasper."

———————
Hello lovely people!

I just wanted to add a quick note before disappearing.

Yep. Disappearing.

You read that right.

(Cue the knives being thrown!)

HOLD ON!

It is only till August 1st.

(Contemplating throwing another knife)

I have a physics exam that is draining my soul but before my very, very SHORT hiatus I wanted to post this one. And I know it ends on a slight cliffhange-

(MACHETE THROWN!!)

I SAID SLIGHT !

I will be back with a fresh new chapter on August for all of y'all. That is what I solemnly swear.

Anywayssssss love y'all. Stay safe.
———————