decisions, decisions

me and the devil

me and the devil

"Let me go, Emmet!"

Jasper yelled as he thrashed around. Emmet was holding on for dear life.

"Jas, sh, sh, sh. It will be okay. She is going to be fine." Alice replied, trying her best to soothe her husband.

"No! I have to see it! I didn't know it was her!"

"Jas, Carlisle and Rosalie are with her. She is going to be. You both are going to be fine...but right now, I need to calm down."

"I...I...I didn't mean to."

"We know," Emmet said.

Emmet slowly released his strong grip on Jasper, who sank to the forest floor. If only vampires could cry, Jasper would have cried a whole river in Noelle's honour. 

The Major had calmed down sufficiently not to demand control, but he was still awake in the back. He was angry at himself and Jasper for losing control against Noelle. The Major could not give a flying fuck about attacking Edward's pet human because if he did not want the pig to be slaughtered, he should not have taken it to the slaughterhouse. However, throughout the whole ordeal, Jasper hurt the one person he did not want to, the one person he actually cared about in that household.

"Jasper?" Said a third voice.

It was Edward. Out of all the profiles sent to diffuse the situation, Edweirdo Cullen was probably not the best one.

"Ed, maybe now is not the best time...hm?" Emmet replied. He was standing between Edward and Jasper. Emmet knew Edward was callous with his words, and Jasper had lost all his control. These two were not the best combination in the situation, and Emmet was determined that no one else would get hurt tonight.

"I want to talk to my brother Emmet."

Both brothers were locked in a battle. Silken had fallen over the Cullen siblings.

"How is Bella?" Alice broke the tension after a moment.

"Carlisle is helping her...and Rosalie is tending to Noelle."

"Jasper will come to talk to you later, Edward." Emmet stood firm on his statement.

"It's okay, Emmet. It's...it's fine." Jasper said in a raspy voice.

"Emmet and I will give you some space." Alice chirped out and pushed Emmet out of the way. They ran a bit farther from the duo. Far enough to give them some space but close enough to be available in case anything breaks out.

"I'm sorry, Edward. I don't know what happened or what came over me."

"It's fine, Jasper. But that is not what I came to talk to you about." Edward replied coldly. It was as if he didn't care his so-called mate had been mangled.