school; high

Sunshine, lollipops and rainbowsEverything that's wonderful is what I feel - Leslie Gore

Everything that's wonderful is what I feel
- Leslie Gore

As the Swan twins rode in Bella's rusty old truck the air was thick with silence. Neither spoke, in fear of the other.

Driving across the acres of luscious forestry Noelle was lost in her own world. She had timed her medication precisely. It kept her calm throughout the car ride and she would take the next time in a few minutes before they reach school so they can remain tranquil for her first period class. She just needed to get through the first. The rest she could manage on her own without the help of her little round 'friends'.

Her eyes, were fluttering open and close. She was letting go of her tight reins. She was in awe of the tall, dark trees that were passing her as her sister drove them school. They were apathetic to their surroundings. They just stood still and they would keep standing still throughout time. It was almost like their state was frozen.

Frozen in time, like Noelle Swan. However, there was a difference. Noelle was not 'frozen in time' she was just frozen. Her veins had frozen ice in them and her heart was cold. She would age, unlike the trees, and wither away. But, she felt a sense of comfort with those trees. They understood how it felt. To be frozen in time, not being able to convey their truest self so they seem stoic and impassive.

Something about the trees. Something about the trees. Something about the trees. Something about the trees.....

"Noelle?"

Her sister's voice rang through her ears. It didn't seem so shrill like it was in the morning. It was different. It felt like a warm voice. But, it wasn't. It only felt like it.

"Noelle. Come on. Please. I just...I just want to talk."

Silence. Deafening silence whispered through Isabelle's car. She was determined to figure out her sister and the secrets that lay beneath but she also missed Noelle. After all they were sister. Thick as thieves when they were young. And that was Isabella's strategy; kill' em with kindness.

"About this morning, uh, I didn't say anything to Charlie, if that's what worries you".

"Hm." That's all Noelle Swan replied. She internally scoffed at her sister's words. Elle couldn't care if she told Charlie how she suddenly got frostbite.

"That's it? Hm?!

THAT IS ALL I GET NOELLE!" Isabelle screamed at her sister while her tires screeched against a the road on the way to school. The peacefulness that Noelle adored was long gone and all that remained was her twin sister, intent on ruining it all.

"Bella." Noelle finally whispered. Her headache was slowly regaining its foothold to put her through hell. She pinched the bridge of her nose, tired from just uttering a singular word.

"I know this is going to be hard for you to hear. But stay the fuck out of my business."

Bella was shocked. She wasn't exactly surprised that Noelle had once again shut her out but it did anger her. She wanted to say a million things to Noelle but before she could even place her words in a meaningful sentence they arrived at their destination; Forks High School.

Before Bella could even shift into park, Noelle had already escaped the clutches of her beat-up old truck. Noelle made her way into the school without a second.

She couldn't stand her twin for another minute.
She couldn't stand this place for another minute
She just could not stand this situation. Noelle's frustration was boiling now. Her anger rising slowly and then with every passing second the strong gusts of  wind passing through Fork turned chilly.

It was getting colder and colder. Students started rushing in. Shocked at the sudden drop in temperature.

The winds grew and grew. They got stronger and angrier. They were howling! Howling at the world and it's mistreatments.

A tree was almost blowing over. An overzealous teenager started to scream. She ran past Noelle, hitting her shouldering in the process.

The sudden human contact grounded Noelle back in reality. She suddenly registered the running students, the winds and a set of golden eyes staring at her with expressions of bewilderment.

Noelle was scared now. The impact of the winds was out of her control now. Her fear was rising and rising. She couldn't stop this now. She couldn't do it.

And just like that the tree got blow over and crashed into the ground. The volcano bubbling inside her was now dying to get free.

Noelle had to do something. She just didn't know what to do. She was trembling now, frozen on the steps to the school entrance. She was now one of the only students still outside. She couldn't move.

Breathe Noelle. Come on! COME ON! Just breathe. Think of sunshines and shit. Please just breathe! Noelle screamed at herself internally.

Weirdly, the screaming in your mind, telling yourself to calm doesn't do the desired trick.

But all hope was not lost, Noelle felt a flicker of peace in her body. She didn't know where it came from, just that it appeared from a middle of nowhere. She didn't know what to do now.

She didn't know whether to fight it or allow it. She was sure it wasn't her medication so where the hell did it come from. Noelle was now leaning against the railing trying to find a semblance of normal. She get a pair of hands on her shoulder and turned to see who it was.

She came into contact with a pair of golden eyes and hair the colour of the sun. He had a smile on his face. He came closer to her and whispered in her ear, "let it help you".

Noelle allowed the feeling to pass through her mind. A suddenly a wave of peace and calm washed over her. The winds slowly were losing their anger. Maybe the world wasn't so bad after all.

Noelle still locked in a trance with this mysterious stranger, stepped back from him. Her shades reflecting his happy expression. She moved past him and into school. She needed to collect her thoughts and something told her, they weren't safe out in the open.

And with that incident the Cullen family got involved with yet another Swan. As if the fates was playing a cruel joke on them. Destiny had bound both twins to the life of vampirism and immortality.

One bound to fall in love and one bound to find her soulmates.