29.

▶ Gift of a Friend ~ Demi Lovato

Saturday arrived with Jungkook's excitement mounting.

All of the preparations were ready and perfect so far. He was getting tingles from thinking about Jimin's face when he would see it.

It took him so much restraint to not wish Jimin at 12 am sharp like he did every year.

Jungkook got him a nice present. It was a knitted white sweater which had a small yellow heart and had J+J embroidered in it. He also got him a perfume, both of which left a dent in his budget but he didn't mind.

"Kookie, you ready?" Taehyung called.

"Yeah, just a sec!"

Jungkook sprayed on his perfume and put on his boots, in his usual all black attire. This time, he had his hair in a bun. It was getting longer, he needed to cut it but he had been delaying.

Tae nearly drooled.

"Wow Kookie."

"You look good too, Granny Pants!" Jungkook smiled, his eyes running all over the model. Taehyung rolled his eyes.

They got in Tae's car and drove to the pier. Everyone had already arrived with the exception of Jimin and family and Hobi.

Jungkook had invited Soobin, Eunwoo and Yeonjun, the people from Jimin's class he had met a few times and knew he liked.

Jungkook's jaw dropped seeing the yacht. Yoongi waved at them from the deck, his gummy smile wide.

"Holy crap, I had not expected this!" He heard Jin whispering to Namjoon. He couldn't be more right.

"He said he wanted an intimate gathering because his yacht is small. That's small?!" Jungkook asked incredulously.

"Chill Kookie. Don't look so hot and bothered."

Soon, they were all up on the deck. Decorations were set up, music was playing and Jin placed the magnificent two tier cake in the fridge. There were mattresses on spread on the deck with pretty blue cushions and bolster pillows, for everyone to sit.

Yoongi gave them a tour of the boat. Jungkook's eyes were big the whole time. It was a luxury he had not imagined to ever see in this lifetime.

"I'm very very jealous of you right now Yoongi," Namjoon said, awed.

Yoongi didn't reply. He was looking anxiously at the boardwalk. They would arrive soon.

"You think his mother ruined it?" Taehyung whispered to Kook.

"No. Mr. Park keeps her in check. I'm betting this yacht that Jimin is upset nobody wished him and he's refusing to come."

Hobi arrived, greeting everyone cheerfully. He was happy to see his students there too.

Behind him, there was a beautiful girl, around Jungkook's age. Her hair was black with purple highlights and she wore a little black dress with lace stockings and boots.

All three of the Jimin's friends straightened immediately on seeing her.

She looked up from her phone, her hair flying gracefully in the breeze and walked to where Taehyung was standing.

"Kim Taehyung?! Oh goodness me, Noona was telling me she met you but I didn't believe her! You're so much more beautiful in reality!" Jennie said, shaking his hand.

"I'm guessing you're Jennie?" Tae asked, smiling.

The girl was really very pretty. She blushed when Taehyung said her name.