62. (M)

▶ Snowman ~ Sia

"I'm so glad for winter break! Once January comes it's going to be hectic," Jungkook smiled. "Oh shit, that reminds me, I still haven't gotten my passport."

Jimin hummed in response. After some convincing, he had come out of his home to have breakfast with him. Caffeine was bustling and cute as usual. Jennie was happy to see them.

"Jiminie, haven't you joined your new job yet? I thought you were supposed to sometime this month?"

The ravenette sipped on his caramel macchiato while Jimin ate his sandwich.
He looked up at Jungkook, stopping his scrolling through Yoongi's phone for the fiftieth time.

Jungkook had stopped mentioning it anymore, he knew it was a way to cope.

"They said I could join in the new year directly. This week's off anyway."

"Okay so you're free. That's good! So, I was thinking, how about we go on the ski trip like we had planned initially? For New years Eve? It's Tae's birthday too."

"You really want me third wheeling? If... Yoonie was here I would have agreed."

Jimin's eyes filled with tears again. Jungkook sighed, placing his hand on top of the other's small one.

"Chim... It would be a good change."

"I'm sorry Kook. It's a little too much to ask right now. Besides, you should spend time with Tae. I'll always be here but he's going.... I already take up space in the time you should give him."

Jungkook raised a brow.

"You're not taking up time. He's at work right now. I enjoy your company as much as I do his and you're both on different levels. I need you both to be happy. Okay? So stop spewing rubbish. And you need me more than he does right now."

"Still, I'm not coming on this trip. Maybe take Jin and Namjoon Hyung, it would be good. I'll just be a vibe kill anyway."

"Stop! Chim, we want you there!"

"We or you? I'm pretty sure Tae doesn't like you always being with me."

"Are you serious?! You're the one who set us up together! He's so grateful to you, how can you say such things!"

"I'm sorry.... That went a bit far, I'm sorry Jungkook. I'm just saying, you are wasting time trying to console me. I'll probably get out of my funk soon. It's just hard right now."

"And I understand... Fine, I'll not force you to accompany us. But we'll miss you all the same okay?"

Jimin nodded, giving a small smile.

He was trying, really trying to move on and not to let himself collapse under the grief. He had met Yoongi's mother and even she seemed to be doing better now.... or it was a facade, he couldn't tell. He wondered if he's the only one who couldn't seem to get out of the never ending spiral of sorrow.

It was silent. Jungkook texted Seokjin to ask if they both wanted to go ski with them. Jin was a master snowboarder and he knew he could convince Namjoon. It would be a nice trip. Maybe Bright and Kiara could come too. A smile settled on his lips, thinking about how to surprise Tae on his birthday. Maybe Wooshik would come this time? Hoseok couldn't take days off so there was no point asking him. Ugh, he was going to miss him and Jimin being there.

"Jungkook..."

"Yeah?"

"Thank you. I love you."

"I know Chim. I love you too."