35.

▶ Clocks ~ Coldplay

Jungkook woke up the next morning alone in bed. He stretched, wondering why Tae left so early and without even telling him. However, an instant smile settled on his face, yesterday's events rushing back to him.

We kissed!

Jungkook giggled quietly, getting up and spinning around.

Oh what a beautiful day it was!

He brushed his teeth and dressed for college, humming a lovely tune. He had skipped classes yesterday but it was worth it - every second of yesterday was worth it!

He stopped by Caffeine for breakfast. Jimin asked why he was so cheerful. He just shrugged, ate his croissant, had his coffee and left. He didn't wanna tell anyone yet, not even Jimin. He was still coming to terms with it himself.

It was a beautiful feeling.

All through his classes, he kept smiling absently. His classmates teased him a lot because he straight up mixed up the submissions of two subjects. The faculty was surprised that it happened. They thought Jungkook was either drunk or sick.

Dr. Minho also commented on his lack of focus on the session. He apologized profusely and the patient asked if he was in love. Jungkook blushed and squeaked out a no, which nobody within a hundred mile radius would have believed.

He couldn't help it. He kept replaying the day like a broken record. The kiss had not ended up horribly. He was on cloud nine.

Taehyung hadn't yet texted him but he was probably back home, waiting for him to show up after work, Jungkook thought.

He couldn't wait to see him, kiss him again and possibly... possibly do something else! Jungkook was ready to rush home and his shift couldn't end any slower.

But before that, he had something very important to do. He dialled the familiar number, feeling sure of himself.

"Er, can we meet tonight?"

"Sure, what's the occasion?"

"Nothing. We need to talk. I mean, I need to talk to you."

"Are you serious?! You're breaking up with me! I knew it, who's the unlucky girl?"

Jungkook snickered at the unfailingly energetic voice of the brunette he had come to like.

"I'll tell you at dinner, alright?!"

"Ugh fine, keep me guessing then. By the way, I'm really craving some McDonald's. Let's meet at the one near the Tower."

"Sure, I'm out of the clinic right now so be there soon!"

In fifteen minutes, he reached.

Kiara was already there and she hugged him. She looked stunning. Her hair was straightened and she wore a low cut black top with blue jeans and boots. Her makeup was on point yet subtle.

Jungkook complimented her immediately.

"Why are you all dressed up?" He asked curiously.

"I had a date! It was good, I think. He was from Thailand and he's going back to his country tomorrow. I'm sad because he was unrealistically good looking!"

"Oh, that's great! I'm sure you'll meet again if fate permits."

"Ew Jungkook, what are you? Some old hag fortune teller? If fate permits, blegh." Kiara pretended to shudder.