56.

▶ Say You Won't Let Go ~ James Bay

The group separated with heavy hearts at the airport, their four days of merrymaking finally drawing to a close. Nobody wanted to leave but alas, all good things must come to an eventual end.

They hugged each other tight, as if they didn't live in the same city, but they knew their meets wouldn't be frequent now.

"Bye Jinnie Hyung, Joon Hyung!" Jungkook hugged them tight. "I'll visit you soon okay?"

"Bye Kook, goodluck for your exams! If you feel like, come stay with us again!" Namjoon smiled. The elder couple patted his head. The guards escorted them from the swarms of Taehyung's and Bright's fans and they left by the taxi.

Kiara, Jisoo and Hoseok left next as they were heading to the same area, hugging everyone goodbye. Jimin hugged Jungkook.

"Thank you for the beautiful trip. It was perfect," He smiled.

"Ah, don't mention it. Good luck for your new job Chim, we'll meet soon at Christmas hm?" Jungkook grinned, hugging the baby mochi again.

Yoongi fist bumped them both before they left, with Yoongi's chauffeur acting as their bodyguard. The fans yelled and cheered.

"Damn, I almost forgot how crazy they can be. Jeju was so peaceful," Jungkook muttered.

Taehyung and Bright laughed. They bowed and waved to everyone, being photographed continuously. It was quite jarring. Some of the paparazzi asked invasive questions.

Taehyung, are you still dating Jungkook?!

Taehyungssi, is it true you're leaving Seoul soon?

Taehyung, are you paying Jungkook to be with you?

Taehyungssi, why don't you find another model to date?

Taehyung abruptly stopped at that. He looked at Jungkook, who had heard everything and was looking at the floor.

He slipped his hand in his, squeezing it tightly. With a hateful glare at the man who asked that, he pulled Jungkook ahead with him.

The airport security escorted them safely, out to their waiting cabs which Jungkook had booked prior. He sighed in relief once they got in. Taehyung waved at the screaming girls one last time and then closed the window.

"I sometimes forget how famous you are," Jungkook sighed. "Makes me wonder why you chose to be with me."

"Don't let that crap get to you, Kook! It's the media's job to mess things up."

"Yeah I know. I love you too much to let some lousy reporter's words coax me into leaving you."

Taehyung simply kissed him in reply.

The ride back to their apartment was silent. Taehyung's hand rested on his chin as he looked out at the city of Seoul. It was close to freezing. It would snow any day.

Jungkook too, was lost in his thoughts.
Reality was settling in now. In four weeks, Tae would not be here. He looked at the perfect side profile of his boyfriend, a sudden melancholy looming over his heart. He resolved to himself to make this month the best ever for the both of them.

They reached home. Much to Jungkook's surprise, Tae didn't go upstairs. He followed him into the studio apartment. It was exactly as he had left it, a thin layer of dust visible on his study table.

He placed their suitcases against the shoerack and they took off their coats and gloves. Jungkook took a rag and dusted everything once before Tae made himself comfortable on the couch.