20.

▶ August ~ Taylor Swift

August drew to an end with the weather getting colder and rainier. It had only been six days since his escape from his flat, but Jungkook felt like it was much longer.

He kept himself busy, trying to not think about Taehyung who texted occasionally. Every time his name flashed across the screen, Jungkook's heart skipped a beat.

TaeBear
How was your day?
I went to the beach today.
It rained. Flop show.

TaeBear
I'm honestly done with my life.
Slept 2 hours last night.
im a zombie rn.
Have a great day.

TaeBear
Kook. At least reply?

TaeBear
wooshik asked if ur ok.
I said yes. R u?
Anyway I am going out.
another shoot.

TaeBear
the piano is lonely.
When do I teach you?

TaeBear
i had a nightmare last night.

TaeBear
I'm sorry.
Jimin said I should keep my distance.
But I really miss you.
I got used to having you here Kook.
Come back soon.

The last text was yesterday.

Jungkook repeatedly read them and wanted to scream at the very platonic nature of the messages.

He hadn't had such overwhelming feelings for anyone before, not even his only girlfriend.

Taehyung was special.

He made Jungkook want to go out of his way to make him happy. He wouldn't mind doing everything, just to see the elder smile. He made Jungkook want to put in the effort and take care of him - something he hadn't thought was worth it, for someone other than his closest friends or parents.

But for Taehyung, he would go to any lengths.

If only the elder felt the same. He had made it clear he wasn't open to dating, right in the first week they met.

Jungkook would have confessed in a heartbeat if he had some inkling that the elder might feel the same. But he didn't.

Still, the heart wants what it wants, right?

"You're acting like a teenager Koo!" Jimin sighed, noticing the pouty face.

"Chim, teen me would fuck the guy in five hours of talking to him and then forget about him forever."

They were playing video games in his room, Jimin losing by a wide margin. He threw a fry at Jungkook who just picked it up and ate it.

It was almost midnight.

"You do realise this won't solve anything yeah? You're just torturing the poor boy and torturing yourself. I haven't seen you actually laugh in the six days you're here."

"That's not true! I laughed when you dropped the whip cream on your head!"

"You could have told me that it wasn't ready!"

"I told you stiff peaks! You were in a hurry to test it out!" Jungkook snickered.

"Brat."

The doorbell rang. Jimin smiled.

"Happy Birthday Kook!"

He pulled him in a brief hug before running downstairs. Jungkook sighed, following him. Of course.

"Seriously Chim? We could have celebrated tomorrow evening!"

"No. You'd probably be off with your classmates getting shitfaced."