19. Star constellations and love

“Pretty”, Louis mumbles and drops onto the couch.
“Like you” I accidentally say, it just kind of slips out.

He chuckles quietly and hides his face in a pillow before patting the space next to him.
I lay down next to him and he immediately puts his head on my chest and grabs my arm to put it around his waist.

“I’m so lucky to have you”, he mumbles, “As a friend and as whatever this is.”

I smile broadly and pull him in even closer.
“I wish I knew something about stars but the only constellation I can name is the big dipper.”
He laughs. “Me too.”

I shift a little so I can lean on my elbow and look down on him. His eyes are bluer than ever, his lips look so soft and his hair falls into his forehead in feathery strands.

“You paid”, I determine.
He laughs. “I did, yeah. Still mad at me for that?”

“No. But you promised me something.”

His face lights you when he understands. “I did. Want me to keep it?”

I nod and then lean down a little so our faces are even closer. He moves a little so his back leans against the pillow behind him and puts his hand into my neck.

Putting my free hand on his waist, I lean down even more so there’s nearly no space left between our lips. My breath is going a little too fast considering it’s only a kiss, but it feels so special.

He leans up so our lips finally connect. We stay like that for a few seconds before his lips start moving against mine.

It feels better than I could’ve hoped. His hands wander up to my hair and start playing with my curls while keeping pressure on the back of my head so there’s no chance I move away.

I lift up the of his shirt a little and slip my hand under it, drawing little circles on his bare skin with my thumb.
He sighs into the kiss quietly and it might be the cutest noise I ever heard. He lets his head fall back onto the pillow so there’s some space between our lips again.

I smile broadly and give him a quick peck on the lips again.
“Good thing I let you pay.”

He chuckles quietly and leans up to press another two quick kisses to my lips that makes butterflies erupt in my tummy again.

“I like you so much it’s unhealthy”, he mumbles under his breath and I lean my forehead to his.

“I like you too, so much.”
I finally move away and lay down next to him, wrapping a leg around his waist and an arm around his chest.

We lay there in comfortable silence for some time and the way our breath synchronizes makes me go crazy.

I am really falling for him.
He turns around so he’s facing me again.

I chuckle quietly and then I kiss him again, softly and slowly, but it’s everything.

“So, you’re in love?”, a tiny voice suddenly interrupts us.

I quickly move away from Louis and turn to the balcony door.
Jonah looks all tiny with his dinosaur pyjama on, Stacey in his right hand, water bottle in his left one.

Louis sits up next to me. “Hi darling, what are you still doing there?”

Jonah shrugs. “You weren’t in my bed and TV voices were gone so I thought I was alone.”

Louis expression softens and he reaches out his arms for Jonah who quickly runs towards the couch and jumps into Louis’ arms.

“You know neither me nor Liam and Zayn would ever leave you alone, right?”
Jonah nods happily as he snuggles into his dad’s arms.