46. Strong and scared

“Goodnight, baby”, I whisper, stroking his hair out of his forehead.

I walk out of the door behind Louis and he closes it quietly.

“He’s so done”, Louis says and laughs, “Don’t know if he ever stayed up that long before.”

I shrug as we walk into our bedroom. “Dinosaurs are an exciting thing”, I say, “Can understand that they’re more important than sleep.”

Louis laughs and falls down into bed, reaching his arms out for me. I fall down onto the mattress next to him as he pulls me into a tight hug.

“You’re the best second dad he ever could’ve wished for”, Louis mumbles, “All the attention you give him, all the time you spend with him, god Harry, you’re so amazing.”

I blush and hide my face in his neck but he pulls me up and kisses me softly. “Really.”

“Mhmh, don’t say that, too many compliments.”

He chuckles. “I suppose you don’t want your present then, do you?”

I gasp dramatically. “Forgot about that. But no, since you told me it wasn’t sex, I don’t want it anymore.”

He laughs and slaps my arm softly. “You’re so stupid and not funny at all, it’s adorable.”

I cross my arms in front of my chest and poke out my tongue at him, trying to at least be a little offended. “Hey.”

“So”, he says, “Remember when I sang that song for you? ‘I want to write you a songˋ? And you said you wanted me to write you a song?”

I nod.
“Well, I wrote it now.”

I gasp again what makes him laugh. “Sing it immediately. This is even better than sex.”

“Harry”, he says, “If you don’t stop with your stupid sex, I won’t sing it.”

I giggle, hiding my face in my hands, because why does he make me all giggly?

“Okay, will stop talking about it, just saying that sex would’ve been a good present as well.”

He shakes his head, turns around and turns off the light. “Goodnight”, he says, trying to sound serious.

“Louis”, I whine, turning on the light again, “Sorry, I will really stop with the sex now, I promise.”

He rolls his eyes but laughs before he kisses me. “Alright, just don’t expect too much, it didn’t quite turn out like I wanted it to.”

I nod before it goes silent.
“My hands, your hands, tied up like two ships”, he starts, rather quietly but ever so beautiful. His voice is raspy yet soft and strong while he still sounds like he’s singing effortlessly.

“Drifting, weightless, waves try to break it.
I'd do anything to save it, why is it so hard to say it?
My heart, your heart, sit tight like book ends
Pages, between us, written with no end
So many words we're not saying
Don't wanna wait 'til it's gone
You make me strong”

I smile because of the lyrics, smile and stare at him, my boyfriend who’s so perfect and beautiful and wonder, once again how I got so lucky.

“I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care, I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong? Is it so wrong
That you make me strong?
Think of how much love that's been wasted
People always trying to escape it
Move on to stop their heart breaking
But there's nothing I'm running from
You make me strong”

“I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care, I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong? Is it so wrong?
So, baby, hold on to my heart, oh, oh
Need you to keep me from falling apart
I'll always hold on
'Cause you make me strong
I'm sorry if I say, "I need you"
But I don't care I'm not scared of love
'Cause when I'm not with you I'm weaker
Is that so wrong? Is it so wrong?”

“Louis”, I say as soon as he finishes, feeling more in love than ever, “How can you say I shouldn’t expect much? It was so prefect, God, the most prefect thing someone ever did for me, for anyone, probably.”

He smiles, pulling my head to his chest and kissing my forehead. “Thank you.”

“That’s not how it works. I’m the one supposed to say thanks, so thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you so much, Louis, really.”

“I love you even more. More than anything.”

I kiss him for some time because I can’t even express what I feel, there are probably no words for that. “I’m not scared of love either”, I breathe, “Not with you.”

He smiles, turning a little so he’s facing me. “Thank you for making this the best Christmas I could’ve imagined.”

“Thank you for making this the best Christmas I could’ve imagined.”

“Stop stealing my lines.”

“Sorry.”

He laughs and cups my jaw with his hands, looking at me for some time before I have to look away because it’s way too embarrassing, having him stare at me as if I was something extremely special.

“Let’s go to sleep, shall we?”, he asks, tearing his gaze away from me and turning to switch of the light.

He moves closer to me and wraps his arm around my waist to pull my back against his chest.

“Goodnight, Harry. Sleep well.”

I smile into the dark, feeling so content and happy it feels like I’ll burst with love. “You too, goodnight, Lou.”

It turns silent and we’re both concentrating on our breath, drifting off to sleep slowly.

“I’m still mad I didn’t get the sex”, I say and Louis bursts out laughing.

“My God, Harry, you’re the most annoying person on earth.”

The next two minutes are interrupted by us starting to giggle randomly every now and then and I feel like a stupid teenage boy at a sleepover before it turns silent and we fall asleep with a smile still on our lips.

~~~

two more regular chapters:(