48. New year and three hearts

I put the used plates into the sink and grab the bottle of wine Liam brought before I walk back into the living room where the others are spread out on the sofa, all tired from eating too much food.

“What an exciting company”, I say and place the bottle on the table, “You could use some alcohol or do you want to celebrate New years eve like a bunch of pensioners?”

Taylor laughs and pours a bit of wine into her glass. “I honestly feel like one.”

I look at the clock, it’s already half past ten. There’s still some space left between me and Louis so I sit down next to him, snuggling my face into his shoulder.

“Can’t believe the year is already over”, Louis says and frowns, “Was the worst start and the best end I ever could’ve imagined.”

I smile, pressing a kiss to his forehead. “Let’s make today the best start of the new year, you could imagine, shall we?”

He nods again, smiling happily and moving a little closer. “Let’s make the next year the best one we could imagine, shall we?”

“Yeah, we shall.”

“Hi”, Jonah and Betty shout when they come running into the living room, “We wanna know when the fireworks are.”

“About an hour”, I say, “A little longer than three episodes of your favourite series.”

Jonah nods, tugs on his blue sweater and disappears into his room again, shouting something about fireworks and midnight.

I chuckle and Louis rolls his eyes. “Sometimes I really wonder where he got all that loudness from.”

We continue talking about everything and it feels good, being here with everyone, including Taylor and Joe who feel like such good friends already.

When it’s quarter to twelve, I get up from the couch, bring the two empty bottles of wine back to the kitchen and walk to Jonah’s room.

“Hi, you two”, I say and smile when I see them sitting on the bed, dinosaurs, elephants and giraffes all placed on the pillow.

“Hi, Hazzie. We just put them all to sleep. Now we are ready to watch fireworks. Is it time?”

“Yes, it is, you can come into the hallway and get dressed, it’s really cold outside.”
Jonah reaches out his arms for me, smiling cheekily.

“You can walk on your own, can’t you?”

He shakes his head. “No, Haz, I am a baby you have to carry me.”

I sigh and pick him up and he smiles contently. “Such a big baby, if you continue growing up so fast, you’ll be too heavy for me one day.”

“No”, he says and pouts, “I’d rather not want that.”

I laugh and put him down when we arrive in the hallway, the others are now gathering there too, getting dressed in warmer clothes and dressing Betty.

I hand Jonah his coat and beanie and he gets dressed, looking more adorable than ever.

“Ready”, he shouts, “Daddy, Harry, come on or we miss it.”

“We won’t miss it, darling”, Louis says and slips into his shoes, “We still have seven minutes.”

Jonah just shrugs and runs to the balcony anyways, jumping up and down excitedly. I smile softly, how can one be so adorable?

When we’re all dressed, we walk to the balcony, there are already some firecrackers to be heard in the distance.

The balcony isn’t too big, but there’s still enough space for everyone. Taylor, Joe and Betty sit down on the couch, Liam Zayn, Amelia and Niall stand in one corner and us three in the other one.

“How long?”, Jonah asks and stares into the sky excitedly.

“Four minutes.”

I look at Louis and smile, feeling so lucky to be able to start into the new year with him by my side. He pulls me in and I rest my chin on his shoulder. We stay like that before Jonah tugs on my sweater. I pick him up and Louis wraps an arm around my waist as we look back at the dark sky.

“One minute”, Niall announces and grins.

“Okay”, Jonah says and snuggles up into my shoulder, “Now it’s soon the new year.”

I nod. “Yes, it is.”

“Ten”, Niall shouts. I look at Louis, smiling.

“Nine.” He looks back at me, eyes shining.

“Eight.” “Be my new years kiss?”, I whisper.

“Seven.” He nods, chuckling quietly.

“Six.” I press a kiss to Jonah’s hair.

“Five.” He smiles up at me.

“Four.” “I love you, my Hazzie.”

“Three.” “I love you too, my Jonah.”

“Two.” “I love you too, both”, Louis says

“One.” I wrap my arms around Louis, pulling him into a hug, Jonah still on my arm.

And then the fireworks erupt, not only in the sky but also in my tummy.

“Happy New year”, I say.

And then I feel Louis lips on mine, cold and soft. “Happy new year, my loves”, he says.

He presses a kiss to Jonah’s cheek.

“Happy new year”, Jonah says, wrapping his arms around both of our necks while still sitting on my waist, “You’re my favourite most most favourites."

And in that moment, I know that this is where I belong. Here, into this city, this flat, with the two persons I love most embraced in my arms.

I know that this is how it should be, just us, three hearts in one home.

~~~

okay, so, this is it?

ughhhh no:(

i mean it's not really it because there will be some more chapters but it's the end of the regular storyyyyy

I'm honestly a little sad:(

again thank you. thank you soooo much for reading and voting and for all the cute comments

everyone who read so far really motivated me to continue writing

soooo thank you and I'll post in a few days again

any last thoughts? favourite parts/ chapters?

things you still want me to write about that aren't engagement, Jonah calling Harry dad and marriage? <3