21. Advice and goodnight calls

The next week goes by in a rush, I barely have time to see Jonah and Louis. I pick him up from school most of the time but by Wednesday, Louis is able to go back to work and they go back to their old rhythm.

I don’t even have time to feel sad about not seeing them all the time because I spend the whole week studying for exams and writing essays, I couldn’t finish the last weeks. The only free time I have in the evenings, I spend laying on the coach, feeling dead and finally talking to my best friends again.

Yesterday was also the last lesson of the swimming course what made me a little sad. At least I managed to ask Louis out before it ended.

On Friday I fall onto the couch after uni and don’t get up until the evening. The week is finally over and I don’t plan on doing anything the whole weekend.

“Harry”, Zayn says as he walks in and drops onto the free space next to me, “Finally Friday, huh?”

I nod and lean my head against the headrest. I didn’t see Louis in two days now and I already miss him. Our date was only a week ago but it was also the last time I properly talked to him, cuddled with him or kissed him.

We texted a few times but once we got back from uni or work we both were too tired or occupied with Jonah too still talk much.

“Harry?”, Zayn asks and rolls his eyes, “Stop zoning out or go to sleep, you look like a goddamn zombie.”

I snort and lean my head to his shoulder. “Ugh, sorry. What did you say?”

Zayn shrugs. “Wanted to ask you something, but never mind.”

“Come on, now I want to know.”
He shrugs and stares to the black TV screen."

“I don’t know.”

“Zayn. Tell me."

“It’s Liam.”

I grin broadly and sit up straight. “I knew it”, I shout but Zayn slaps my arm so I guilty cover my mouth with my hands.

“Sorry, sorry. What is it?”
“I need to know how you managed to ask Louis out without making it awkward.”

“Well”, I say and smile at the memory, “I kind of knew he wanted me to ask him out so it was easy.”

Zayn groans. “Damn, I thought you had some advice or something.”

“Zayn, it’s pretty clear Lima likes you and wants you to ask him out. Just do it.”

He shrugs again. “I don’t know.”
“I do know.”

He sighs and pushes himself of the couch. “Now?”
“Now or all your confidence will be gone.”

He nods and leaves the living room. I smile and hope everything will go way before I pull out my phone. I miss Louis.

Lou: Miss you

I smile widely and wish I could hug him right now.

Me: miss you more
    ru free this weekend?

Lou: not really, sorry
     monday, okay?
     can’t wait to see u again

I am a little disappointed because of his refusal but I still smile at the last message.

I scroll through my insta feed and smile when I see Louis posted a photo of Jonah and me, laying in bed and reading his favourite book. My heart skips a beat when I read the caption though.

'My loves', he wrote with a white heart emoji afterwards.
Fuck, I’m so gone for him.

I double tap the picture to like it and look up to see Zayn walking in.

“And?”, I ask because he’s putting on a poker face and I can’t read his expressions.
He smiles. “We’ll go to the fair tomorrow.”

He sits down next to me and I grin. “Told you he’d say yes, didn’t I?”

Later, when both Liam and Niall came out of their rooms and we’re exceptionally not watching Titanic but Spiderman, I am still thinking about Louis’ post.

My loves. Love. Love, love, love.

I also can’t stop smiling because Liam and Zayn are acting all cute around each other and Niall is getting very excited over Emma Stones and Andrew Garfield edits he’s watching on his phone during the movie.

“Just look”, he shouts and shoves the phone into my hands, “They’re nearly as cute as you and your husband.”

I roll my eyes and giggle. “Don’t act like you and Amelia aren’t he cutest.”
He smiles. “We really are.”

Once we finish the movie, it’s only eight pm, but I still head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I’m so tired already, I know I won’t be able to keep my eyes open any longer.

When I spit the toothpaste into the sink, I hear my phone ringing.

I frown a little because no one ever calls me besides my mum and we already talked yesterday.

When I unlock the screen, I see Louis’ profile picture, a picture of him and Jonah while eating ice cream and I grin.
I pick up and it’s Jonah face timing me.

“Finally”, he shouts and grins, “Harry, we wanna say goodnight to you!”

“Hi, J”, I say and smile back. He’s wearing light blue pyjamas with cats all over it and holding Stacey in his arm, blanket pulled up to his chin.

“I miss you so I telled it daddy and he said he misses you too so we thought we can call you.”

I laugh. “That was an amazing idea, darling. I miss you two, too. Did you read the pirate book yet?”

He shakes his head and pouts. “Didn’t want it. Miss your crocodile voice.”

I feel all warm when he says that. “Aw, love, I’ll read it to you soon, promise.”

He grins. “Yes. Instead of reading I called you.”

Before I can answer, Louis walks in and quietly talks to Jonah. While I wait for them to finish talking, I get out of my jeans and sweater and walk back into my room in a sleeping shirt.

“Harry?”, Jonah asks when I sit down on my bed, “Goodnight now, daddy wants to talk to you and I need to sleep.”

“Alright love, sleep well. Goodnight and we’ll read your book soon, alright?”
He nods and waves into the camera before he hands the phone to Louis.

I hear him walking out of Jonah’s room after saying goodnight and can’t really see anything because Louis tries holding the phone in the same hand as he’s holding his crutches in.

He sits down on the couch and I can finally see him again. He looks really tired but good and I can’t help but start smiling when I see him.

“Hey”, he says softly, “already headed to bed?”

I nod and smile what makes him blush a little. “Really tired today.”

“I’ll let you go to sleep then. Goodnight love, see you soon.”

I smile and wave into the camera. “Goodnight Lou”

~~~

<3