6

Me and Bella sat around talking and waiting for them to assign us a body gaurd. I'm glad she was willing to talk to me I learned a lot from her. Bella came from a pack called The Forest pack, they mostly handle the wood and paper for all neighboring packs along with hunting regulations. She was the daughter of the alpha and is expected to take over the pack one day, but she said she always dreamed of becoming a professional chef and hopes her younger brother will take over as alpha when he comes of age.

Apparently most of these girls were daughters of alphas. Bella said she had no real intentions of pursuing the prince, but was exited to meet new people and build relationships to help her pack for when she takes over. I was really happy to hear I wasn't the only one who didn't have an interest in the prince.

"Most of these girls seem normal. Its only Ashley we have to watch out for" Bella said as we were making what felt like our hundredth cup of tea.

"Who is Ashley?" I question pouring honey into the cup and stirring it around with my spoon. She looked up at me like I said I was going to kill her dog. I scrunched my eyebrows wondering what I did.

"Oh she's only Prince Masons Fiancé." I look up at her in shock nearly spitting my tea out i the process. She starts laughing at me.

"At least that what she calls herself, her and the prince have been friends since birth because her dad is the kings beta. They grew up together and everyone says if he doesn't find his mate he will pick her." she said matter of factly looking around the room. I don't know why, but that hurt to hear. If the prince didn't pick the last couple of girls it mean he will probably choose Ashley in the end. Bella waves her hands in the air and points over to a women on a sofa surrounded by other girls.

"Thats her over there" Bella shrugged taking a sip of her tea while I took a better look at her. No wonder the prince would choose her she's beautiful. Her long brown hair was almost the same color as her brown eyes and her teeth were abnormally straight. She wore a red jumpsuit that a deep V line that complimented her figure. She saw me staring at her and smiled at me.

She must not think I'm a threat if she's smiling at me. I was pulled from my thoughts when I hear someone clearing there throat into a microphone at the front of the room. Everyone stops talking and looks at a man in his early thirties with a thick mustache and a nice blue suit on.

"Hello ladies, I will be assigning you to your bodyguards. Once I call your name you can make your way up here and your gaurd will meet you at the door. Each gaurd knows who he or she will be looking after, they have been given a list of your health requirements and such so no need to worry. They will show you to your room and also give you their contact information which you can use to get ahold of them at any time. You will find your temporary phone in your room. With that lets get started." He turns around and is handed a list. He starts reading off girls names and as they walk up to the front of the room their gaurd meets them there where they proceed out the door. All of a sudden you hear a deep growl.

"Mine" I  look over to see a body gaurd with his hands wrapped around the girl he was suppose to be protecting, she just stares at him in awe. I couldn't help but smile. While everyone gets over their shock the man with the mustache directs them out of the room.

"Thats one less girl to worry about." I hear a high pitched voice come from behind me.

I suppose thats true the more girls that find their mates now the less girls get sent home. Prince mason is suppose to send at least three girls home a week. Which is why the ceremony can take anywhere between four to ten weeks to complete. Now I guess he will only be sending two home this time and if it keeps up I could be staying for the three weeks I planned on.

"Ava Winters." Mustache man yelled into the microphone. I begin walking up to the front of the room when I see another man from the left side of the room start doing the same thing. He was very handsome, he had a strong jaw line that had stubble growing from it. His brown eyes were slightly covered with his black hair and he stood tall. You could see his muscles from the black shirt he wore even if it was covered with a blazer. He looked down at me and I just stopped. He took my breath away we just stood there looking at each other until mustache man interrupted our staring contest.

"Ava this is your body gaurd Damian, Damian this is Mrs. Winters." I waved at Damian which seemed to snap him out of whatever he was thinking.

"Right this way Mr. Winters." He said gesturing to the door with his hand. I start to walk in that direction. when I get a few feet away from the door I stop.

"Just right upstairs." I hear him whisper in my ear. He's standing so close I can feel his body heat radiating off of him. I get a chill down my spine as I turn to go up the stairs. Once we are at the top I feel his hand touch the small of my back slightly pushing me forward. I continue going straight until he comes to a complete stop in front of a door that has my name written on it in cursive.

I turn to Damian to see him already staring at me. He clears his throat before he begins to talk.

"This is your room mine is a little farther down the hall ill show you once you get settled. Here is my contact information in case you feel unsafe or need me for anything." He says it so smooth its like he's rehearsed it in his bathroom mirror , I smile at the thought. He reaches out to give me the card with his a phone number on it.

"Thank you Damian." I genuinely mean it. His head shoots up and his features soften.

"Your voice is beautiful"  He barley whispers. I must have looked shocked because as soon as the words left his lips his eyes went wide a he tries to explain what he said.

"Not that I thought your voice would be ugly, I was just surprised at how amazing my name sounded coming out of your mouth. Not that I want you to say my name or anything. You just -um I think I should stop talking, you're probably tired so get settled and ill kiss you later. Catch, catch, I meant catch you later. Like you would with an alligator." His face is completely red and he refuses to make eye contact while I smile like an idiot.

"Ill see you for dinner Mrs. Winters." He said has he rubs the back of his neck

"Ava please call me Ava." I look up at him and he gives me a breathtaking smile.

"Ok Ava ill be down a little before six to get you" I nod and wave at him as he turns to walk down the hall.