24

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxx

After we got our hair and makeup done all the girls ate lunch and then went upstairs to put their dresses on. I just got back to my room and when I walked in there was a pretty purple box with a white ribbon on it. I'm kinda skeptical about opening it, it could be a bomb. You know what, the risk is worth the reward. I open the box and there was a beautiful white lingerie set. The top was lacy but still definitely see-through. The bottoms were the same kind of lace held together by one string. Under the panties, there was a similar-looking garter. It looked to be high-waisted, with a single strap to go just above the belly button. Then cut out at the bottom so you can see the panties and two straps that are attached to circle-looking holes where your thighs go. On top of the box, there was a note.

'To make up for the kiss ~Alex'

So he wanted me to wear this around mason to make up for the fact that I kissed Damian? It seemed easy enough but is that all it takes for him to forgive me?

"He didn't seem too upset last night." Rose laughed, I felt the heat rise to my face as I snatched the set from the box and went to my bathroom to change. I put my dress on and leaned over to put my shoes on when I heard a knock at the door.

"Come in" I yell trying to get the small strap inside the even smaller hole. I looked up to see Damian standing there. He was in a black tux, his hair was longer and swept back making him look older. Hotter.

"Mason," Rose growled. Damian was not hot not even a little cute. So why did I feel myself blush when his eyes slowly traveled down my body? Why did I like it, and why did I hate it? He cleared his throat and bent down in front of me. He grabbed my shoe and started to buckle it together.

"I haven't seen you in days, I thought you disappeared." I breathe out a laugh trying to lighten the mood.

"I've been out trying to catch the rouge that attacked you." My breathing stopped. I feel the air leave my lungs as I remember running through the forest, blood everywhere. Damian snapped me out of it by putting his hand on my lower waist and pulling me closer to him. On instinct, I moved away from him. A look of hurt flashes through his eyes as he back away.

"Did you find him?" I asked hoping with everything in me that he would say yes.

"We couldn't at first. Then the Alpha decided to go on his own hunt. We don't know where he went or how long he was out there, but when he came back he was covered from head to toe in blood." He pauses looking at the floor. "He really loves you," he says barely above a whisper.

That's where Mason must've been the other night when he didn't come back home for dinner. He was out, hunting the person who was hunting me. I wanted to cry knowing that Mason did that, but also because Damian looked so heartbroken. I was about to reach out to him, but he held up a velvet box in between us. I looked at him confused before he opened it. There was king a beautiful silver necklace, with on simple diamond hanging from it. I couldn't stop staring into it.

"I know you want him. I know that I was never really a choice, and that's ok. I just wanted to give you one last thing to remember me." I let out a laugh as I touched the J-shaped bracelet on my wrist.

"I can't accept this." I start to shake my head. He takes the necklace out of the box and walks behind me. He gently starts putting the necklace around my neck clipping it into place.

"Consider it a thank you present for keeping me entertained." He whispers in my ear, his breath giving me goosebumps down my neck. He slowly dips his head and kisses my shoulder. I'm too in shock to move, so when I feel him tugging my waist I just follow him. We stand in front of the mirror, we would look so good together in another life. My eyes are drawn to a shiny object sitting around my neck the necklace complements the dress in a way I never would've imagined. The diamond sits perfectly in between my collarbones, at the base of my neck. I smile stretches across my face and I sling around to give Damian the biggest hug.

"Thank you." I breathe out, tears coming to my eyes. He wraps his arm around me breathing in my scent. We stay like that for a moment just enjoying each other before he breaks away.

"Let's get you to the ball Cinderella" I laugh as I pick up my dress and bow to him.

"Lead the way my knight in shining armor." He chuckled and bowed as well. He holds out his arm I slip mine through his as we head to the door. We start walking down the hall when I feel a sudden need to comfort him.

"You're going to find your mate. And you're going to love her more than you ever thought possible." I give him an encouraging smile. Hall of his mouth tips up trying to seem hopeful.

"And if I don't?" He asked sadness and worry dripping from his voice.

"You will," I state. I know he will there's no way a great guy like him wouldn't have one. The moon goes would be out of her mind.

We reach the double doors to the entrance and a man stands on either side of it. They both lean over and open their side of the door. Once it's open I am amazed. Of course, I knew how it was all going to look, but to see it come to life was something amazing. I have no idea how Lily managed to order over two thousand wine glasses in under twenty-four hours, but it must be a Luna thing. A me thing.

I walk in the golden chandeliers complement the black table cloth. There are gold flowers everywhere, on the curtains and cups. The statues even had gold flower crowns. We start walking through the ballroom. Some people dance and others eating. At the back of the room, there are tables and golden chairs at which some people have claimed to mingle at. I wide smile crosses my face until Damian suddenly stops.

"Are you ok?" Did I ask tugging on his sleeve?

"Do you smell that?" He asked. I sniff the air and the smell of fruity wine hits my nose.

"Yes, the wine smells amazing why?" I was super confused.

"No not wine. It's like vanilla and pumpkin. It smells like fall." Ok, we've been here a few minutes and Damian already needs to take a sobriety test. I roll my eyes about to answer with a sly comment when his eyes go completely black.

"Mine" he growls. I have to force myself not to jump back. Instead, I follow his gaze. I see her, I whip my head to look back at Damian, then back at her.

"Seriously!?" I start laughing and clapping my hands like an idiot. Getting weird looks from everyone around me. He tears his eyes away only for a second to give me a confused look.

"You know her?" he asked an innocent look evident on his face. I laugh once again.

"You don't?" I can't believe this. He slowly shakes his head and goes to look at her again. He stares at her like she's the only girl in the world.

"That is her royal highness, princess Alexis Marie Maxwell." The look on his face was absolutely amazing, the way his mouth dropped open and the fear clear in his eyes made me want to take a picture. "AKA my future sister-in-law and YOUR mate," I whisper close in his ear.