22

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxx

There we so many dresses. I mean it makes sense, Lilly has been queen for about forty years, and each ear is a different dress. Not to mention all the dresses from other balls she's attended in other countries. I think I've tried on twelve dresses and I'm tired, but the ball is in less than twenty-four hours. I decided to take a break nod help Lex with finding her dress. As we look she tells me about her travels, she's been away for school just seeing the world. She stops in the middle of a skinny dipping adventure story and pulls out a dress. Without another word she hurries into the dressing room to try it on.

"It's a little tight, but it's beautiful." She says as I'm zipping up a skin-tight dark purple dress. It was long but has a slit that reached mid-thigh. The dress had one shoulder, and the entire thing was covered in sequence. She looked amazing.

"If you can't breathe now you might want to find a new dress. You won't be able to eat in one that's too tight." I say stepping back to get the full look.

"I won't be eating, I don't want to break the dress." She laughed.

"Maybe you could get it altered," I suggested. I'm sure they have a private tailor that could do it in no time.

"No, this dress is expensive."

"Yea so are lungs." The dress was beautiful and definitely fit for a nineteen-year-old. She steps down and goes to look for matching shoes when something shiny catches my eye. I walk over to a coat rack and see a dress bag hanging from it, it was hidden by the door. I unzip it and a gasp left my mouth. I instantly pulled it out and tried it on.

It was a beautiful dress, it was white and covered from top to bottom in glittering tulle. It had straps that were no more than two inches. The straps come together to hit my mid-chest showing off a modest amount of cleavage. I turn around and it is backless, creating a deep V that doesn't stop until it hits my lower back. It was long, floor length and with every step, it shines. It was perfect, but it was white. We were going to a black-themed ball, I can't wear white. It looks like a wedding dress. I hear footsteps coming, and chocolate and pine hit my nose.

"Hey Ava are you hun-" Mason stops when he sees me. He rakes his eyes over my body his mouth hanging open. He shut it and opened it many times. "You look....." He swallows hard shifting on his feet.

"Is it that bad, I knew white was a bad idea. This is a black ball I should go for a darker dress. I just saw it an-"

"You're the most beautiful thing I've ever seen." I turn to look at him but he was already standing so close. His finger slides across my face tucking a strand of hair behind my ear. He places a small kiss on my forehead, lingering there for a moment. Like I might disappear. I hear gasps, Mason breaks away and leaves the tingling feeling behind.

"Oh Ava, That was my coronation dress," Lily says her, and Lex stands by the door, their eyes full of awe.

"I'm sorry I didn't know ill put it back." I reach for the zipper when a hand stops me. "No, it was clearly made for you." Her eyes start tearing up. She turns around and walks out the door, not a minute later she comes back in with a pair of glittery white heels. I slip them on, perfect fit. I turn to look at myself in the mirror and I look not terrible.

"We look stunning"  My heart almost stops.

"Rose? Rose! Are you ok? How do you feel? Do you need to go o-" a million things rushing through my head right now.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. I need to sleep for a little while longer. It's just we look so good, I had to say something." She says weakly. I nod smiling trying to hold back tears as she fades away to sleep again.