29

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxx

I stare out onto the garden to see basically a million people. They were all walking around and mingling, tiny sandwiches and wine in hand. Some were playing games such as croquet while others walked around admiring the flowers. I felt a panic attack coming. My hair isn't done, i have no makeup on, the dress I'm wearing is way to fancy for this backyard BBQ setting, and these heels seriously. U thought mason said he knew how to dress.

"I do know how to dress. Gold is a beautiful simple color that makes you stand out. It's also the color of royalty, besides purple. And the heels just give me an excuse to carry you inside later." A deep voice said in my head. What the hell was that? It definitely wasn't Rose. Although she's too stunned to even say anything I got now. "Mate bond remember." Shit, he can read my thoughts if I let him. But that also means I can read his. I was just about to try when a little boy comes running up to me throwing his hands around my legs.

"Sissy!" I freeze. I pull him away bending down to his eye level.

"Jackson?" The smile spreads across my Stacie as I pick him up spinning him around. I didn't know how much I missed him, my family, while I was gone. Even if it's only been a few weeks. Once I set him back on the ground I see my parents hand in hand walking our way. 

"Mom, dad what are you doing here?" I ask hugging both of them.

"You don't think that just because you're the future queen you can just toss us to the side right?" My mom asked in a teasing tone.

"No just how are you here, how long are you staying?" The words kept coming to my mind and right out of my mouth.

"However long you want us to be." my dad answered rubbing my back.

"What do you mean?" they can't just say because I want the hem to, they have jobs to do. Jackson to take care of, I can't be so selfish

"They are your parents Ava, if they wish they can live here in the out territory. They won't have to do any work if that's what they want, and Jackson will be going to school here as well if they move." Mason explained quietly in my ear. I was in shock. I mean I knew that my parents would probably move her, but I didn't know they would be taken care of fully.

"Ah, we won't allow that. Sure a vacation sounds nice, but sitting around gets boring." My dad said. He must've heard mason.

"Yes, I agree. We might open up that bakery we always wanted to. Or maybe tend to the horses, such beautiful creatures." She nodded looking at my dad.

"Mr. and Mrs. Winters it's so nice to see you again." Mason extended his arm waiting for a handshake. My dad shook it like they were old friends.

"It's good to see you too your highness." Mason shook his head.

"Call me Mason please." My parent's eyes lit up a smile formed on their faces.

"They like him," Rose said.

"It's hard not to."  I looked up gazing at Mason.

"Can I get that in writing?." Mason asked papering in my head again. How the heck did he do that? How do I turn that off? Is there a power button somewhere? Mason tried to hold in a chuckle but failed. Just then I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turn around to see Lex and Damian. They looked so happy together. Damian glowed, smiling so big you would see his dimples. Lex couldn't stop staring at him.

"Hey, how did you guys like the party last night?" I asked trying to make small talk while Mason finished a conversation with my parents.

"Ava, thank you for encouraging me to talk to this amazing woman. She's perfect." Damian said, placing a kiss on Lex's hairline.