8

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxxx

No, no, no, this cannot be happening right now. Theres no way that I am the princes mate, absolutely no way I mean I have no experience running a whole country. I have trouble putting Jackson to bed I cant put an entire kingdom to bed. He must hate me, a girl from a lower standing, I have nothing to offer him. He will probably reject me in front of all these girls.

Rose stopped jumping around and gave me a bad look.

"He wont reject us we are his mate, we were made for him" she says proudly.

"Our mate is the alpha king he can have any girl he wants so why would he choose us? Theres nothing stopping him from rejecting us." I try to explain to her she just huffs and cuts off our link upset that I called us unworthy. But you cant really blame me, its only natural to feel this way. I bet he also has tons of experiences with girls meanwhile I was waiting for my mate to do those things with.

I decided I won't let him reject me in front of everyone, he can do it in private but I will not be a laughing stock here. I have to think of a plan. I just keep staring at him as he growled.

"Mine" he said as he started walking closer to me. I had to stop this. I Couldn't let the other girls know I'm his mate and ruin their chances and let them hate me. I know I'm not his idea mate but if I can give him anything its going to be leaving without causing a scene. I will gracefully get rejected and leave like nothing happened. As I thought that my eyes started tearing up and my chest began to hurt. When he reaches me I put my finger over my mouth to tell him to be quite. I put my hand out for him to shake it.

" Its so good to finally meet you, your highness." I say loud enough for the other girls to hear. As he takes my hand and shakes it with a confused look on his face, I pull him closer.

"No one needs to know we are mates." I said trying to ignore the tingles I feel in my arm. Trying to fight the way my hand fits so perfectly into his hand.

"Wha-" he starts to say but gets cut off by a server.

"Dinner is served" He announces. Everyone takes there seat and I regret picking the spot thats right next to his. Everyone try's to talk to him, asking about how his day was, what his plans are tomorrow. I just keep looking down at the soup they brought out, but I can feel his eyes on me. They are burnt a hole in the side of my head. I'm trying my best to not have a panic attack, but with all these people talking and his eyes on me I feel my hands start to shake and my breath get heavy. I don't know if its because of my anxiety or my anger. Why are these girls talking to my mate. They look at him like they deserve him. I have no right to feel this way for all I know Mason is a terrible person. I mean prince Mason, I can't believe I let his status go that quickly, I cant make that mistake again. Bella taps me on the shoulder.

"Hey the prince is staring at you pretty hard, did you  say something to anger him when you shook his hand?" She whispered so he wouldn't hear. I glanced over at him to see he was still staring at me. I blushed and looked away.

"No I don't think so. Maybe he's hungry its been a long day they are about to come out with the main dish." I said back before her eyes started to go dark.

"Bella, are you ok?" I asked skeptical, putting my arm on her hand.

"Do you smell that?" She says. I furrow my eyebrows.

"What does it smell like?" I asked and took a deep breath in to be sure I wasn't missing something.

"Like cinnamon and vanilla, its the best thing I've ever smelled."  I look at her like she's crazy.

"Bella we are at dinner, you're probably smelling the desserts." I laughed and she joined in with me.

"Yea you're right I guess the cook in me just got happy that we are eating something the royal chef made. I heard he's suppose to be the best chef in the world, maybe I'll challenge him." She started giggling while I just smiled at her. Until I felt sparks on my knee. I turn to see mason looking at me. I give him a confused look as I lean into him.

"We have to talk after dinner." He says in a low voice that makes me want to do things you shouldn't do at dinner, surrounded by people. All I could manage to do is nod. I gulped as I thought about how he was going to reject me. Rose started whimpering at the thought so I had to think of something else. Yea this table looks really tabley today, I drum my fingers on the edge of the gold trimming.

"Maybe you can think about the fact that masons hand till hasn't left your knee yet" Rose thought smuggly. Thats when I looked down and realized she was right. His thumb was making tiny circles on my knee while he talked to other girls. I found it odd I wasn't shaking anymore, and here I assumed it was because I calmed myself down. That wasn't true at all, he calmed me down.

I glanced up at him, he looked over at me too and gave me a smile. I felt so at peace, this felt so right, my heart sank into my stomach when I realized this would soon be over for me. My hands started shaking again I couldn't let mason see me like this, not yet. I needed to get out of here. I whipped out my phone and sent a quick SOS text to Damian. Not even five seconds later he comes strolling in like he owns the place.

"Sorry to interrupt. Ava shall we get going." Damian smiles as he extends his hand out for me to grab. I nod yes as I grab his hand standing to leave. Feeling Masons hand fall from my knee and all the warmth that was there a second ago vanishes. We get a few feel away when someone stops us.

"Where are you going?" I look up to see its Mason.

"Ava wants to leave so we are leaving." Damian answers. I see a look of hurt flash through Masons eyes.

"Ava" he purrs, I felt my body warm and goosebumps start to appear.

"Yes she wants to leave" Damian tugs on my hand that I forgot he was holding.

"You want to leave." Mason says barley above a whisper. Before I could answer Damian pulls me away and leads us out. I know that Mason saw him holding my hand, I also heard a whimper come from him as I left the room.