9

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxx

I let Damian lead the way as I try to control my breathing. I felt Claustrophobic I needed to take off this outfit but I was still a bit away from my room. I bent down to take off these stupid boots, it helped a little. I got weird stares from the staff as I walked around barefoot. Then all of a sudden Damian stops.

"Here take this." He handed me a hair tie. I look at him confused, he walks behind me and start pulling my hair into a pony tail,

"I read on your file you get panic attacks, when I got to my room earlier I looked up how to handle one. It said putting up your hair makes you feel less restricted and cold down the body faster, so I went and got a hair tie from one of the girl guards I know." He explains. Once he was done I felt the cool hair on the back of my neck and it made relax. I took a deep breath in and looked up at Damian to thank him, but he was already looking at me with worry in his eyes. I looked away feeling the heat rise up to my face.

"Do you want to talk about what happened in there?" He asked brushing a stray hair behind my ear. I had to tell him Mason was my mate. Its not fair to him if he doesn't know.

"It's not like he's your boyfriend, you don't owe him a explanation. He's not our mate." Rose commented. Clearly still mad at me.

"Yes, but what if mason dose reject us. We cant live our lives in sorrow. It might be nice to find someone who will be there for us when our mate cant." I try to reason with her.

"And what's going to happen when he finds his mates and leaves us for them. How will you get over two heartbreaks." I knew she was right, but what if Damian never finds his mate. Or what if he already did and something bad happened to her leaving him mateless. This was all to much to think about, I just met him and he probably doesn't feel that way about me. I just need to decide my entire future in less than three weeks. No, problem. I look at Damian and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding in.

"Prince Mason is my mate." I say slowly just above a whisper. I see something flash in his eyes, but couldn't tell what it was.

"And I think he's going to reject me." I continued my gaze falling to the ground. I heard him sigh as his hand comes up to my chin forcing me to look up. I try not to look at him so he doesn't see the tears in my eyes.

" If he rejects you, then he is the dumbest person on this planet." He sounds like he means it. I just shake my head.

"You don't even know me." I shoot back. He has no idea who I am. For all he knows I could be a terrible person. Why is he saying these thing to a girl he just met a few hours ago.

"Then give me a chance to." I didn't know what to say. I don't know why I'm in this situation, but this is hard for me. I feel like I'm going to be sick. Damian must have seen it in my face cause he backs away from me and starts walking down the hall again. We reach my room and he opens my door for me. I walk into my room and turn to say thank you.

" I respect whatever you choose to do." Is all he and before he shuts my door, not giving me enough time to answer. I want to scream, or fight, or punch something. I walk over to my bed and punch my pillow as a tear fell onto it. Not feeling any relief I go and take a shower.

I don't know how long I'm in the shower, but it feels like forever. My mind is completely blank. I realized I already made my decision the moment I knew who my mate was. Either he was going to reject me or I was going to reject him. It really doesn't matter who did it the point is we won't end up together. I can't be queen or luna, I don't want to put everyone at risk. The other girls have gone through the meetings and training to lead their packs because of their fathers being alphas, but I know nothing. It wouldn't be right for me to try and be someone I'm not. Once Rose heard my final decision she completely cut me off.

I got out of the shower and got dressed when there was a knock on my door. My heart dropped as I slowly walked over there I could smell him before I opened the door. Mason was standing there. The warmth of his body surrounded me as he walked in and wrapped his arms around me. He nestled his nose in the crooked of my neck and inhaled deeply taking in my scent. I felt to at peace like I belonged here, with him.

"You do thats kinda the definition of a mate you dumba-" I cut Rose off not wanting her to ruin the moment that I knew wouldn't last.

" I missed you at dinner princess, you're all that I could think about." He says and it made my heart swell and I smiled at the nickname he gave me.

"What's wrong?" He asked pulling away from me noticing my puffy eyes. I look into those dazzling eyes and feel the tears start to come. I took a deep breath trying to brace myself for what's about to come.

"I'm ready for you to reject me." My voice came out shaky. I cursed myself, I wanted to take this with grace, I cant do that if I start crying. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Reject you, why on earth would I reject you when I just found you?" He asked holding my head with both of his hands. I wanted to cry. He didn't want to reject me, he didn't see me as unworthy or less than him. But I did, and so would everyone else.

"Because if you don't reject me, I'm going to reject you." I answer as a tear slips from my eye. He froze and looked at me like I just tore his heart out. Which I guess I did.

"I don't understand" I barley hear what he said. I had to get ahold of myself if I was going to be able to do this.

"I'm not right for you, I have nothing to offer you. I come from a low class family, and went to a low class school. I don't know the first thing about being a Luna or a queen. I would just embarrass you. Not to mention what everyone else would think of me. Never respecting me. Just about how their new luna doesn't have the knowledge and skill needed to protect them and to run this country. You would be a laughing stock if you choose me. But those other girls out there, they can give you things that I cant. don't worry I wont tell anyone we are mates, I will never ask you for anything. I will leave and you will never see me again I promise." At this point im unable to look at him as the tears roll heavily down my cheeks. I hear a sniff and glance up. I see mason was crying as well.

"Why are you doing this to me?" He asked. I just looked at him confused and shocked.

"I don't care what other people say, most of them met their mates and knows how it feels to be apart fro them. I doubt they would want me to feel that pain everyday. I would teach you everything you need to know, my mother would love to show you everything she has learned and you wont be crowned until you're ready. However long that takes." He cups my face into his hands brushing my tears away. I could see he was desperately trying to find a solution, but no matter what he said I still felt uncomfortable taking on this role.

"Did you even choose me?" I started picking at my fingers. Another nervous tick of mine.

"What?" He didn't look confused. He looked shocked. Shocked that I knew maybe.

"The reporters outside said you didn't even pick the last few girls. Is that true?" I'm not sure I wanted to know the answer. It took all my courage to look him in the eye. I took his silence as his answer.

"I was hoping you found me, and didn't care about the last few girls so you let someone else decide. Its clear that wasn't the case. You gave up looking for me, it was just coincidence someone else picked me. But you knew the girls you chose weren't you're mate and you gave up." My head was starting to hurt from all the crying I've been doing.

"It wasn't coincidence It was fate. I didn't give up looking for you I just needed a little help thats all. Please let me prove myself to you." I just shook my head. This is for the best.

"I'm sorry" is all I could manage to squeak out before backing away from him.

"I refuse to reject you princess, If you want me gone you are going to have to do it yourself because I will not give up on you." He said sternly. I could see he was upset, angry and hurt by what I said. He turns around and slams the door. I let go of everything I was feeling and fell to the floor sobbing.