30

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxx

~Three months later ~

Oh my gosh of my gosh I'm going to be late for my own Coronation. I ran down the stairs picking up my huge forest green dress. The crown nearly slipped off my head.

"It's fine they can't start without you" Rose tried to ease my mind, but it didn't work. Things have been so stressful lately, my parents opened up that bakery and moved onto our pack territory. Lily and Damian are building a house and I finally met his little sister Karly. She's absolutely amazing, although she has the demeanor of Damian and the personality of Alex. She's been living in the castle and will be until the house is ready. Alex and Karly have been causing so much trouble. But I can't deny I've helped them on almost every prank they've pulled. Oh, the reaction on Mason's face, when he pulled out a pair of red underwear from, his dresser. Then when he went around asking people about it we all said they've always been red and conceited him he was color blind. It went on for a month.

I was the only one not at the coronation, the castle was empty as I slammed open the back door running into the woods. The ceremony is a few miles into the woods. There's a clearing with all the statues of past kings and queens in a giant circle, like a cult. I could hear the voices and worried comments coming from a very large group of people. And by large I mean nearly everyone in the kingdom. Yep just take the girl with the most anxiety and make her do the most anxious thing in the world. I can see the edge of the clearing.

"Where is she? Did she change her mind? Was this all to much for her? I should go and find her she might be hurt, or worse hungry." Mason's worried voice fills my head and I can't help but smile. I can see him coming towards the woods to wrap up in his own thoughts to register my scent. I run even faster and hide behind a big tree. Once the footsteps get closer to me and I can feel him about to pass I jump out.

"BOO!" I yell laughing at the terrified face of Mason. His crown was crooked, and his hand was over his heart. I'm almost to the floor laughing when he pulls me into a hug. I thought he'd be mad at me.

"I thought you weren't coming." He whispered nuzzling into my neck and taking in my smell.

"And miss the free food, no way." I rub his back and feel him chuckle under my hand.

"All food is free to you, you're a queen."

"Not yet." I take a deep breath as all the anxiety comes rushing back to me. I spent the last three months studying how to be the best queen. It was harder than chemistry, and that's saying a lot. I had lists and books piled up as high as they could go without falling over.

"You're going to be a great queen and luna," Mason said backing away and kissing my forehead.

"Hey not Luna yet we aren't married." I saw as he takes my head leading me to the very loud crowd.

"Not yet." He says with a sly smile.

"Remind me again how I can be queen and not luna," I say. I always get confused, queen sounds more intimidating than luna yet here we are.

"Because being queen me and you can just tell people what to do to all the humans and wolves in the packs. You make decisions on a human level. But luna means you take responsibility for them. I transfer some of my power to you during our wedding and after that, you will be able to mind link the whole pack, and all the alphas have to listen to you." Yea still doesn't make sense but there's no time for questioning because I'm pulled onto a giant circular stage in the middle of the crowd.

All of them start shouting and hollering excitement about the new era of royalty. Not only did I have to work hard learning how to be queen but I also had to earn the trust of the people. I had to make them believe I would do a good job and not be an embarrassment. Most of them were very welcoming and accepting because they know the moon goddess wouldn't have chosen me for nothing. Meanwhile, others were harder to convince. Then there was a day when Mason was going into a rage about a bunch of teenagers going to a human town and getting caught in their wolf form. Everyone cowered away from him but I calmed him with one touch. Once he sat down to cool off I told them to contact the human sheriff and tell them we have captured the wolves and that they were kids who must've lost their way and that we were bringing them to the mountains to be freed. After we sent the town pictures to prove we had the wolves and there was nothing to be scared of the officers thanked us and the issue was let go. After that, no one second guessed my right to be here, and neither did I.

"Ava winters do you swear to protect this country with your life? To never have a selfish moment and put its people first above all. To a true queen and luna, never second-guessing the right thing to do. To be fair and equal to all inhabitants, regardless of age, race, religion, and sex." The old man with a stick said.

"Yes," I breathe as the crowd roars to life.

"Mason Maxwell, do you swear to protect this country with your life? To never have a selfish moment and put its people first above all. To a true king and alpha, never second-guessing the right thing to do. To be fair and equal to all inhabitants, regardless of age, race, religion, and sex." He repeated.

"Yes," Mason said with the biggest smile on his face. The old dude then took a fancy knife and cut my left hand, and Mason's right. Then we turned to the crowd and held our cuts up and together and high for everyone to see. Letting the blood drip to the floor. The people went crazy howling and sifting to go running into the woods.

"You know just because your queen doesn't mean you're luna. Mason could easily come to me to be his lover and we will be alphas together." Alex comes up to us with a fist high in the air.

"If you can actually make that happen I will gladly step down. Just for the pure entertainment of you two being stuck with each other forever." I laugh hugging him.

"Wait I have to stay with him for the rest of my life." Alex's face drops along with his jaw. "Yea ill pass I got too many hoes in line to do that." We all laugh. Everyone left the ceremony, the field completely clear now.

"Oh, yea I'm sure your right hand has some serious competition," Karly says walking onto the stage and punching Alex in the arm. Damian and Lex are right behind her.

"She does." Alex crosses his arm. We all just stare at him.

"SHE?!" Karly yells bending over and laughing. His eyes went wide as he shook his hands in front of him.

"Wait no, that's n-" he was cut off by all of us bursting out laughing

"You have to find your mate soon Alex, I'm getting worried," Marcus said walking along with Lily and my parents.

"You heard that?!" Alex says a worried look on his face.

"We all did dear," Lily says laughing to herself. Jackson comes running up and hugging me.

"Why does the right hand have competition ?" He asked innocently and we all started laughing even harder.

"Would you like to explain Alex?" I asked pushing Jackson over to him.

"No, I'd rather throw myself off a cliff. I'm pretty sure there's one near here." He said walking in a circle like he's trying to find it. "Ava you would know since you fell down one. where could I find this cliff to unalive myself on?" He put his hands on his hips.

"No need, just start talking about my underwear again and Mason will do it for you." He raised his hands in the air.

"Genius, they were big which means you got a big butt nice job" Mason laughed

"That doesn't bother me anymore." He said as he puts a hand around my shoulder tightly, showing it does still bother him.

"Oh no? Ok well, I saw her bra too, I'm gonna guess C cups?" That's all it took to get Mason running after Alex to fulfill his death wish. We all laughed as we watched them wrestle.

This is it. This is my family, my life, and I couldn't be happier.

XXX

Hey guys i hoped you liked my story. Im debating on doing one on Alex's point of view and finding his mate. Let me know what you think, thank you all.