18

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I woke up a few times during the night. Mostly because my hip was hurting so much it made me rollover in pain. Ive been trying to talk to Rose, but she's not responding. . I don't know what time it is and I honestly don't care. I wake up for the millionth but this time its because i hear a noise. The craning the the leaves and the movement of the trees makes my stomach fall. It's probably just a squirrel or something we are in the forest. I try not to let myself panic. I can hear it getting closer and closer I open my eyes as far as they'll go and try to sit up a, but my body don't allow it. I don't have enough energy to fight I just hope my disguise is good enough that they don't see me. Then i see a pair of big black boots appear just in front of my face. I want to get up, scream and yell. The only thing I can manage to do is move my hand out.

"I found her!" Someone yelled and it made my head start pounding even worse. I groan and burry my head deeper into the ground trying to make it stop. The leaves around me start moving as I hear more footsteps running closer. I feel a hand on side, and they push me over. They grab my waist and try to pull me up.

"Don't touch her." I hear a growl, but I don't have the energy to look up. The hand falls from my waist and is replaced with another. This one sends tingles dancing across my skin. It takes everything I have in me to glance up through my half closed eyelids. Mason is crouching in front of me inspecting me from head to toe. I avoid his gaze feeling embarrassed that he and his men found me like this. Mason gentry put two fingers under my chin and raised up my head to look at him.

"Who did this to you." He was shaking with fear, but I just slowly shook my head. I looked to the right to see a bunch of men staring at us. Feeling suddenly exposed I attempted wrapped my arms around my body but to no success. I hear shuffling and feel a light material being dropped over my head and covering my body. I look to my left and see shirtless Alex there with a small smile. How long as he been standing there?

"Girl you need a serious makeover. Not that I hate this whole Adam and Eve look, but we can do better." I couldn't help the smile growing on my face. Black spots started dancing in my vision. I feel myself being lifted into the air as I fall into unconscious.

I woke up in a soft bed. The killer headache was still there, but not as bad. I couldn't open my eyes or really move my body yet. Then I registered the sound of screaming. I forced my eyes open, I notice I'm in a all white room and the light coming rom the windows was blinding. I squint and try to sit up but felt a tugging on my arm. I look down and theres wires attached to my arm. I managed to sit up feeling a little sick after doing it. The screaming got louder and I could hear it coming from just behind the door i slowly get up and make my way over there pulling the beeping machine with me. I slowly open the door hoping it wouldn't make a noise and peak out.

"Let me see her." A man who I couldn't quite see says.

"No, haven't you done enough already." The man in front of my door said. I got a waft of pine and chocolate, it was Mason.

"You cat keep her from me." Mason scoffs.

"She wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you, you were suppose to protect he and now she's in the hospital." The man steps closer to Mason and I finally see his face, Damian.

"Don't get it twisted. A rouge got into our territory because you were to busy playing the bachelor to protect the pack correctly." Damian snarls at Mason. Mason let out a hard laugh.

"One of my men were killed because of that rouge. He was ambushed when they were switching posts, and thats how it got in. I doubled security a week ago to protects these girls so don't give me that bullshit."

"Yea, and it really worked cause now Ava's in thee with half her stomach ripped out. Good job all hail prince Mason the protector." Damian pretends to bow down to Mason. Mason just laughs shaking his head.

"Yea Ava, my mate. The girl who's going to be your future queen and luna. MY MATE. Notice how I didn't say yours." Damian gets right into Masons face.

"And once she realizes that you're not what she wants. Ill be there to comfort YOUR mate." It look like Masons about to say something but I swing the door open forcing them to turn around and stare at both of them.

"What are you doing out of bed princess?" Mason starts waking closer to me.

"I heard screaming." Damian and Mason shoot each other a glare. "What happened to me was other of your guys fault, so shut the hell up." I turn around and start waking back to the bed, my hip is killing me and I want to go back to sleep. I crawl into bed an pull the blanket over me a the boys walk in.

"How long have I been sleeping?" I ask looking around the room.

"Just a day or so." Mason answered pressing a red call button that was beside my bed. I nod my head as a nurse walks in. She had red hair and cute glasses she held a clip board. She walked over to the beeping machine and started pressing buttons then writing on her clip board. I hear the door open and look up to see Alex.

"Oh my baby I didn't know if you were goin to make it." He says in a thick southern accent. He walks over to me and cradles my head in his arms. "You had me so worried darlin, but don't you worry I was in church all day prayin for you. And the good lord answered my prayers, yes he did." I giggled and pushed him away.

"Get off of me and stop talking like that you weirdo." He puts a hand on his heart and looks hurt.

"After everything I've done for you, come and give mama some sugar." He continues with the accent. I roll my eyes.

"Thank you are covering me up in the woods." I smile at him and he waves at me.

"Well I had to. Mason went on a hell rage after he found out you and Damian kissed. I couldn't let those guards stare at you and make it worse. I never would've heard the end of it." He shrugged and whipped my head over to see a very upset Mason. Alex whistles and scratches the back of his head.

"I think its time for me to go I have to uh, walk my car." He runs out, Damian following close behind him. It was just me, the nurse and Mason. She checked a few more things off her list until she left leaving me and Mason alone. Shit.