7

Ava's pov××××××××

Once I got into my room I was blown away at how beautiful everything looked. It was strange I really felt like I belonged here and it made me sad that I would have to leave at some point. I just stood there staring at the room. It was a gorgeous mint green color with gold detailed flowers. The gold flowers covered the walls and the ceiling all originating from the chandelier hanging right above the bed. There was a giant queen sized bed in the middle of the room. Over to the right there was a desk that had a an amazing mirror attached to it. On the left side of the room there was a two sets of double doors. One set led to the closest while the other to the bathroom. The bathroom had white and gold detailed flowers just like the bedroom did.

I walk out of the bathroom to see my luggage on the other side of the bed by the night stand. I noticed a black box on top of my bed and I opened it. It was a phone. One of the rules about being chosen is you aren't allowed to have contact with the outside world. That's what causes rumors and drama so they give you a phone to use while your here to contact your Gaurd's and stuff. I put Damians number in it and turned to put away my things. I took my time to unpack everything, putting it away carful enough I wouldn't damage any of the vintage antiques in the room. I let out a sigh as I finished.

"We should go for a run while we have time before dinner." Rose suggested. I took a glance at the clock to see it was five. Dinner was at six and I really didn't want to go for a run and then hurry back here to shower, change, do my makeup,only to shower again tonight.

"We will go running after dinner that way you have more time, you don't to be on a time crunch and not enjoy it" Rose huffed but she knew I was right. I got up to look at what I would wear for dinner. All the other girls looked like super models in their outfits while I look like a 13 year old who's going to school picture day. If everyone else was going to dress up then maybe I should too. I looked at all my clothes and noticed I mostly packed sun dresses. I guess thats what I get for not wanting to wear pants ninety percent of the time.

I decided that I liked my casual style of clothing and I'm not here to impress anyone. I put on a white tennis skirt, and baby blue long sleeve shirt. It was fitted to show off my curves. I put on a simple necklace and a pair of white boots. Once I was done I heard a knock at the door. I went and opened it to find Damian standing there. It looked like he was going to say something, but he stopped and slowly looked down at with I was wearing.

"You look amazing." He said with a cheeky smile while I stood there blushing. He shook his head like he was clearing his thoughts.

"Are you ready for dinner m'lady?" He bowed down and extended his arm outward leading the way. I curtsy and giggle at him.

"Yes I am good knight." I follow him out the door and down the way I came earlier.

"How long of you been apart of the royal security?" I asked trying to make small talk.

"I've been in it for five years" He stated. I was shocked, I thought you couldn't join until your 23 and he didn't look to be 29.

"Wait then how old are you?" I really needed to know I cant be blushing for man who's almost thirty. Lord knows I do that enough with my celebrity crushes.

" I'm 21." He must have seen the confusion on my face because he continued.

"You can be a knight at any age as long as you pass the tests needed." That mean he was seventeen when he joined. I wonder what his parents thought of that. We were walking down the stairs and I can see the other girls in front of me. Let's just say I was incredibly underdressed. I contemplated going back to change when Damian brought my attention back to him.

"You look stunning, you look real, all these girls pretending to be someone their not for a guy they don't know but you are real. Don't be scared of that." And squeezed my arm trying to encourage me as we got to the door.

"Ill be here to pick you up when you're done eating, you can contact me on the phone they gave you." Damian ushered me in, but I just wanted to stay with him and learn about how he got here.

"I really don't want to go in there." I sighed as I felt an anxiety attack coming. It was one of the things my mom forced me to put on my application, I never thought it was to noticeable but I guess they are.

"Hey look at me" Damian said as I glanced up " I'm going to be right the the whole time, if you want to leave ill tell them your family is calling and you can leave." I felt a lot better after hearing he will be my alibi if I want to leave. I nodded my head and turned to go int the dinning room.

Once I'm in there I'm blown away yet again. The ceiling was so far away and the whole room had a red carpet. The windows were at least thirty feet high with gold curtains. A giant gold table sat at the center of the room with he finest table wear I have ever seen, which isn't saying much. Bella comes over to me.

"Hey we get to pick our seats, do you want to sit by me?" She asked and I was relived once again to have her on my side. I smiled as we walked to the table to find our seats. I noticed on a few seats were open as we got closer. all the seats near the head of the table were empty.

"Why are those seats empty?" I asked Bella.

"Thats were the prince sits and I heard no one wants to sit there because he's intimidating, also the closer you sit the less likely he is to see you. I mean think about it, if he stares straight ahead to talk to someone, the girls right beside him he looked past." I nod understanding what she's saying. I would've thought they would sit right beside him to talk to him better.

"Then they are perfect seats for us" I link my arm through hers and confidently walk over to the table. I sit right beside the princes seat and Bella takes the next to me. No one sits in front of me.

A clock at the back of the room chimes, I didn't notice that before. All the girls instantly took there places at the table standing in front of their seats when two guards entered the room.

"Here comes his majesty, Prince Mason Rae Maxwell of the Royal Pack." One of the guards introduces him. Everyone starts clapping, then I smell it. The most amazing thing in the world, pine and chocolate. Rose goes into a frenzy as the smell intoxicates us. I wonder if my mate is one of those security guards. I cant find out right now its rude but I have to distract myself before I faint. Ill go looking for him later, but I must control myself right now. I lean over to whisper in Bella's ear.

"Are they going to introduce him like that every time?" I ask giggling and she joins in to.

"I hope not that would be embarrassing." A deep voice from behind me says. I turn around and see him, the prince, the future king, the future alpha. And everything goes to slow motion. I look at him, his tan skin, brown hair that's done so nicely. He's dressed in black slacks and a black shirt. The sleeves are rolled up to his elbows and you can bee his muscles through his shirt. We make eye contact, his hazel eyes bore into mine. A chill goes up my spine as one word runs through my head.

"Mate"