1

This is my first story. If there's any grammatical errors, or anything confusing please let me know so I can fix it and become a better writer. Thank you !!!

Masons POVxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've looked at over four hundred women in the last two hours trying to pick candidates for my royal ceremony, and I'm afraid I haven't picked my mate. What if I looked over her on accident, what if my mate is a boy and I don't know it. I don't think I'm gay but what if I see him and things change. I'll never even know cause I've been picking girls. What if they don't even live in my country, what if they are across the world and I don't know it. I've been stressing about this for months.

Let me explain, when the member of werewolf royal family has to find their mate they hold a giant ceremony. 30 girls are picked to enter the kingdom to find out if the price is their mate. If not the prince will simply choose which one he likes best to become the new Luna. Now what if he finds his mate later on in life? Simple the Luna signs a contract sating if this ever happens she will gracefully step down and let the new Luna rule. Since she was apart of the royal family she will still be treated as such and if free to look for her real mate.

Although that has never happened before, the prince gets to choose the candidates that will be living in the castle and there's usually one girl that stands out from the rest. Wether it be her face, or social standing the prince can normally tell which is his mate. All except for me cause no one stands out, no one gives me the feeling that when I look at her I'll instantly love her.

I had just got done picking 20 winners for the ceremony and no one really stood out, they were all just brainless girls who wanted to be queen.

I heard a honk outside so I ran out and found my best friend and Beta Alex with my sister Lexi. I haven't found my mate yet but the ceremony is coming up soon so I will find her then....hopefully.

"Alex just the man I wanted to see, you are going to pick out the last ten girls for the ceremony, thanks" I smiled

"What why me?!" He groaned, throwing his hands up in the air.

" You're the first person I saw" I laughed and Lexi joined me.

"How do i even choose the girls?" he questioned me. I just shrugged my shoulders and patted him on the back.

"I don't know do it hunger games style for all care just make sure there's ten of them" I say as I start walking away.

"Hey Mason we are going get pizza if you want to join us." Lexi asked asked which made me turn around and start walking toward them again.

"yea why not." I said and we all made our way out to the garage.

The ride there was noisy, Lexi and Alex were looking on my iPad at all the available girls trying to decide which ones to pick. They kept talking about the girls social standing , how she would influence the pack, and a load of other things I didn't care to pay attention to.

We arrived at a little pizza place not to far away from the castle when Lexi decided to ask an interesting question. "Hey Mason what do you think your mate is doing?"

Alex answered "I bet she's out partying like you do every Friday." he smirked but Lex hit his arm while I glared at him ordering my usual pepperoni and jalapeño pizza. My wold Dagger growled.

"She wouldn't be at a party with another guy, would she?" He questioned making me irritated

"She better not be, she better be at home with her mom and dad watching SpongeBob." I stated out loud so both my wolf and my friends could hear it. I don't know why the thought of her going out to parties bothered me, but I just brushed it aside and began to eat.