23

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxx

Something warm is on my cheek. What is that? I got to wipe it when I hear a smack.

"Ow," A deep voice says. I shoot up in bed hugging the sheets to my chest. I instantly relax when I see Mason sitting beside me on my bed rubbing his head.

"What are you doing in here?" I ask looking around to make sure no one else was in the room.

"that's what you're worried about? You just hit me, what if I died or something?" He crosses his arms over his chest like a child pouting. I laugh at him shaking my head. "I could file for harassment ya know."

"You're fine," I say getting up to brush my teeth. I hear footsteps coming to the bathroom then mason appears leaning against the door smirking.

"Yes," I say and he just shook his head. I start brushing my teeth.

"You look amazing this morning." I run my hand under the water and slash him, making a low chuckle each his lips. Once I was done I walk back into the room and start getting stuff together. All the girls will meet down in the lounge for hair and makeup like we did the first day we got here.

"What do you need?" I ask. Running my hand through my hair trying to detangle it.

"I realized wouldn't get to see you until the ball tonight, and I couldn't stand that so a made a trip to see you." I nod my head in understanding. "I also brought your diabetes in a cup for you." He holds up a glorious cup that says Starbucks at the bottom. I whip around and run to him grabbing the cup and taking a long sip. Ahhhhh amazing.

"I knew you were useful for something," I say looking into his eyes, beautiful brown eyes. He laughed and grabbed my back pulling me into him. He took a deep breath, but didn't let go.

"Do we have to go to the ball?" He practically whispered.

"Yes, I'm afraid you are the future king." I start to rub his back.

"Everyone just comes up to me to either ask me for favors or tell me what I'm doing wrong. I don't want to do it." I didn't even realize how difficult it must be for people in power to talk to others in a civilized manner.

"What about the free food?" I poke at him trying to lighten the mood.

"Not worth the mingling." I sigh. I don't understand, but I will soon.

"Well, this year you have me, ill be your escape." He pulled away, holding onto my shoulders. He looked me in the eyes and sighed.

"I only have you for so long." Before I could ask what he meant he kissed me on the head and walked out. Ones he thinks I'm going to leave him? Am I going to leave him? No, I'm not. Right? I shake my thoughts away throw on a button-down shirt and head out the door. It's odd going somewhere without Mason or Damian. I haven't seen Damian since I was in the hospital, I was told he was banned from seeing me, how childish. I reach the lounge to see dozens of mirrors lined up along the wall. Each mirror had a chair and a stylist. On the back of the chairs were names. I walk around and find my chair. It's in the back of the room a little out of the way, right beside Ashley.

A lot of other girls were there already even though I was fifteen minutes early. I look at all the makeup the stylist brought to pick out what shades would match my dress best. It would make more sense to bring the dress here, but a lot of people like to keep it a secret and have a big revival. I don't want to be the only one with my dress down here.

"Hey, you're Ava right?" I turn to see a girl with striking red hair.

"Yes." I wonder why she's talking to me. I haven't talked to anyone besides Bella.