2

Ava's pov××××××××

Right now I'm at home with a bowl of popcorn in my lap watching SpongeBob. I know wow, but my eight year old little brother Jackson loves the show and honestly it's amazing. We are on the episode where he makes the Krusty Krab Pizza. I don't know why but I have a huge craving for pizza now. We are singing the Krusty Krab pizza song when my phone goes off. It's one of my friends, Jasmine, asking if I submitted my application for the ceremony today. I rolled my eyes and ignored it.

Earlier this week I had to sign up for that ceremony thing for the mating of the Prince. Obviously I'm not going to make it, everyone knows they rig those things to pick the prettiest and richest girls. I honestly don't care, you don't actually get to met him unless you're royalty. I bet he's just a stuck up prick anyway, But if you are between 18-23 then you have to sign up and I'm 20 while the price is 21.

The winners are supposed to be announced at 8:00PM on TV tonight, so we're all supposed to go to Channel 4 and wait so see if you're the lucky girl that gets chosen. Right now its 7:30 so that gives me a little time to get in the shower.

I went upstairs took a shower and got ready for bed. I threw on black sweat pants and a dark purple tank top that reached half way down my stomach. I brush my hair and teeth by then it was 8 and my mom called me downstairs to see who the winners are.

"I'm excited" my wolf Rose said jumping around in my head

"Why we aren't going to get picked" I rolled my eyes at her optimism.

"You don't know that" she insisted. We were interrupted by the host.

" Hello ladies and gentlemen this is the 75th annual ceremony. I am your host Dakota Johnson, and I'm at the castle now where I will announce the 30 girls who qualify for the ceremony of the mating of the prince. First I would like start off by saying all the girls are beautiful and amazing in their own way. Just because they weren't picked doesn't mean they any less special. I hope every girl had a fair chance to be chosen. Now let's get to it. The first girl is Tiffany Harper from the Blood Moon pack, the second girl is Amber Bishop from the River pack, the third girl is Aubrey Casey from the Evergreen pack. This went on for what felt like forever. Countless of girls pictures popped up with their age and pack name. Along with their talents and hobbies. Then I heard

"And the last girl of the night Ava Winters from the Twilight pack" Everything around me froze.

I shot my head up. I won? oh my gosh I won!? This cannot be happening. My mom is jumping up, and down screaming like a 5 year old and my dad just glared the TV.

"We won see I told you it could happen I'm so exited !!" Rose said running around and thinking of everything we could do while we are there. I couldn't help but feel excited to.

Don't get me wrong I couldn't care less about being in the running for queen or Luna, but the girls who go to the castle also receive a check every week. This is the money that could've been made that week if the girl would've stayed home and worked for the family. The check was bigger then what most make in a month and was a great opportunity to have a more comfortable life style. My family always struggled with money, but now I have a chance to change that for my family.

I just need to stay there for three weeks, for my family.

I decide to let Rose out for a run while we had the chance. After we leave tomorrow I don't know how much free time we are going to be given. I remember reading the rules when I turned in my application, but I honestly just skimmed through them, I didn't think I would actually get chosen. I walked outside stripping my clothes off while regretting I took a shower earlier when I'm just going to get sweaty again. I shift and let Rose take control as she starts jogging toward the woods at the back of our house. I just relax and enjoy the scenery.

I tried to remember the rules but I could only remember a few. You are allowed to shift and let your wolf out at many time as long as you stay in the designated area to do so. You are not allowed to have any relationships while at the castle, so to the girls who have a bout friends they have to choose if the prince is worth the break up. If you are choose and have already found you're mate then you can step down and your position will be given to another girl. If you find your mate while staying at the castle you are free to leave, or you can stay for the rest of the activities but you're no longer apart of the ceremony. You're not allowed to have a intimate relationship with the prince unless he claims you as his luna.

These were just a couple of the rules, I think there's twenty of them in all, I really need to get another list before I enter. Before I know it we are back at the house and I'm transforming again to go to bed. I take a another quick shower before i go to bed thinking of why the prince chose me.