25

Ava's POV xxxxxxxxxxxx

I stood there with my arms crossed as Damian had a mental breakdown. I mean I understand why he kissed his future brother-in-law's mate and insulted him afterward. What a great family reunion this is all going to be in the future. He's been staring at her for about ten minutes now. His jaw is practically on the floor and he keeps looking between us.

"This can't be right." He runs his hand through his now messy hair. "Just an hour ago I had the strongest feelings for you and now you're not even in my mind because she keeps running through it." Ok ouch, But that's alright.

"That's how the whole mate thing works." I sigh looking around for a waiter, I need another drink.

'And why haven't I found her before I mean she is the princess and I work in the castle I should've smelled her a year ago." His eyebrows scrunch together.

"She went to study abroad, spent a while in Spain then to London. She hasn't been home in two years." I say remembering one of the conversations we had in the closet.

"How come she can't she smell me? Is it possible to be someone's mate, but they aren't yours?" Yea he's definitely freaking out. I've never seen him like this. He's normally put together and calm but now he plays with the buttons on his sleeve. I clear my throat ready to give the best motivational speech of the year.

"She probably thinks it's the food, she hasn't seen you yet. She hasn't made the connection, so go over there and help her." I push him slightly, but he just shakes his head. Yep nailed the speech.

"What if she rejects me because I'm a low class, or because I'm not good enough?" I can see the worry and hurt clear in his eyes. I put both my hands on his shoulders stepping in front of him, forcing him to look at me.

"Mason didn't. And you are a great guy who can love and protect her. The youngest guy to ever be crowned knight, and never lost a battle." I give him a reassuring smile. "Annnnnd you owe me a favor remember." I silently thank Alex for making us play truth or dare. I hear a groan come out of him making me laugh. I start to fix his hair and move out of the way so he can walk up to her. He slowly starts going, he looks like he's about to turn a different way. I walk up right behind Damian, hiding behind him.

"Lex!" I yell forcing her to turn around and look for the voice. I'm still behind him, did it work? did she see him? Damian's back is all of a sudden pushing against me. I lose my footing about to fall when a hand wraps around my waist pulling me up while warmth and tingles exploded across my back. I look to see what made me fall and notice Lex hugging Damian. I guess I'll suck it up this one time.

"What the hell." I turn to see mason, staring at his sister and Damian. Oh no. I turned him around so he was facing the other way.

"Your sister and Damian are mates ha ha." A strained smile forced its way onto my lips. I saw his jaw clench and his hands turn to fists.

"First my mate than my sister. Does he have a death wish?" He cranes his neck to look at the couple who is drawing in a crowd of people congratulating them. I slap his arm making him look at me with a wild expression.

"I'm not joking about the sexual harassment lawsuit. You just keep giving me more material to put into it." He joked.

"Why didn't you tell me Ashley was gay and already found her mate?" Now my arms were crossed. A smirk grew on his face.

"I love to see you jealous, I knew you wanted me." He lifted his head high.

"Did the slap on the arm tell you that?" I asked. He pulled me close to him his mouth just above my ear.