seven

I wake up to the hotel bed shaking. Why is the bed shaking? Lexie is a deep-ass sleeper so she's not feeling this shit. Okay, I'm scared. WHY IS THE BED SHAKING? My eyes are shut so tight, who knows it could just be Sam and Colby messing with us. 

I hear laughing. 

Kids laughing.

Brooklyn, you know damn well Sam and Colby are still kids.

I laugh at the thoughts in my head and open my eyes. I was relieved that I knew it was Sam and Colby but oh was I so wrong.

nothing was at the bottom of this bed: no one, nothing, nada. 

I'm so stupid! How would Sam and Colby even rock this freaking bed?!

I look at my phone on the side table and turn it on. Six am, great. And I'm up for the day! Oh, who am I kidding, I'm going to fall asleep before I can even think the word supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

And with that, I'm back into my slumber. I knew I would be haha.

***

The second time I woke up by Lexie shaking me awake. Thank god it was Lexie and not some weird spirit thing. Honestly, I could've been dreaming, just thinking too hard that we're about to go to the scariest place on earth. See? Now I'm being overdramatic. It can't be that scary, right?

"Brooklyn wake up, we're leaving in two hours," Lexie said shaking me harshly.

"Huh? What? Oh, no let me sleep," I said waving her away from me.

"You're gonna take forever to get ready, wake up!" She said dragging the 'p' and flipping me over.

My butt ends up on the floor, and I hit my head pretty hard on the bedside table.

"What the fuck Lexie!" I said groaning. I put my hand on my throbbing head and see a drip of blood on my middle finger.

"DO YOU SEE THIS DUDE?!" I said shoving my finger in her face.

"Fuck Brook I'm so sorry." She said trying to hug me.

"Don't touch me! I'm going to the bathroom." I got up and got really lightheaded. I almost fall over when Amanda comes by my side.

"Let me help you," She said in a soft voice. 

I pushed her away and said, "I don't need help leave me alone." She let go of me and I made my way carefully to the bathroom. I strip and turn the hot water on. I step in hissing at the hot water hitting my head. Everything starts spinning, suddenly I feel like throwing up. I run out of the shower throwing up into the toilet bowl. My throat starts burning badly. 

All this from hitting my head? What the hell? 

I finally feel like I'm done vomiting.

That's when everything goes black.