fifteen

"Cause I thought you would've. I mean you are the one that saw it," said Lexie. I rolled my eyes and asked what we were doing next.

"Okay, I know this is a terrible idea but I'm bored so..." Sam started.

"Just say it, Sam," I demanded.

"Okay okay, what if we play hide and clap?" He suggested. 

"Are you crazy?" Yelled Kat, Sam nodded his head and I laughed. 

"We could use it for Xplr club, the video would be long if we included hide and clap anyway. Anddd we need Xplr club videos," He shrugged while pursing his lips. 

"Fuck it, I'm down," I said standing up. Sam smiled at me as the rest of the group hesitantly agreed. It was just Katrina that was scared, well we were all scared. But as Sam said, it could be good content. It's all about the content.  

"I'll play, but someone has to hide with me," we agreed to Kat's demand and chose Lexie to hide with her. 

Sam went outside, giving us the whole house to choose from. I know I might sound crazy and stupid, but I want to go to the basement. I'm competitive and I know for sure the last place he will look is down there. 

As soon as the front door closed I shot up and quickly made my way to the basement. 

"The fuck are you doing?" I heard someone ask behind me. I turned around and saw Colby standing there with his face scrunched up in confusion. 

"I want to hide in the basement," I said innocently.

"You're crazy," He shook his head as I nodded mine. He laughed at me and said, "I'm not letting you go down there alone c'mon." I followed him down the creeky stairs until we reached the bottom. I wasn't scared of this basement, but something was off.

We started walking deeper before I said "Colby we don't have much time, and I want to win so you have to hide somewhere away from me."

"No way! If I have to wrap around your arm I will! I am not staying alone in this basement," He said as he grabbed my arm and literally followed me everywhere I went. 

"Well, I like this dark corner. I think this will be a good hiding place," I joked as I sat down in a very dark corner. When I sat down I couldn't see Colby's face, only his body structure. And when I tell you it looked real good you should believe me. 

"Please don't make me sit there, my pants will get dirty," He whined, I quickly stoop up knowing he was right, and took his hand to lead him somewhere. Then we stopped hearing the basement open. 

"Shit," I whispered, we quickly ducked trying to be sneaky like the cops were after us. 

After the basement door opened, no one came down. There were no footsteps from the creaking stairs. Only really heavy breathing.

"Who the fuck is breathing like that?" Colby questioned so quietly that I could barely hear it. I shrugged but kept silent because I know my squeaky voice would come out louder than it needs to. 

Soon after we heard Katrina's loud laugh and the heavy breathing get closer. 

"Maybe we should go up, it sounds like he already found everyone, and whatever it is making that noise is about to make me shit my pants," He suggested. I nodded and we quickly got out of our spot and ran to the basement stairs, earning a growl from whatever was down there with us. 

Colby and I looked at each other in worry and went fastly up the stairs. I made sure to stay behind Colby because even though we just got freaking growled at, doesn't mean I don't want to win. I'm definitely gonna win.

For some reason, I was so confident about winning this game that I didn't realize Colby was dragging me up the steps. I was so confused about what was going on but the next thing I knew we were in the family room. 

"Did I win yet?" I asked while I looked at Sam.

"Well, you and Colby just came up at the same time so you both win," replied Sam.

"Aw, fuck," I cursed as Colby looked at me shocked and confused. 

"You worried about winning? Did you not hear that?!" Colby lightly yelled while pointing to the basement door that was now closed. 

"No. However, I did not close that door,"

"Yea, a demon probably did!" He exclaimed.

"Wait, Colby what are you talking about?" Sam questioned also trying to get his best friend to calm down. 

"Brooklyn, did you not hear the growling again?" I shook my head. 

Kat came into the room and punched Colby lightly on the arm.

"You guys cheated, you didn't even clap!" She basically yelled.

"Cause we were getting growled at by a DEMON KATRINA!" Colby put his hands up in defense while yelling. Their yelling turned into an annoying fight like they were siblings.

"Damn you guys are loud," Stas complained as the rest of the girls walked in. 

"But you did cheat," she pointed out. 

"Whatever," Colby huffed out.

"We did win though right?" I asked Sam.

"YOU CHEATED!" Kat yelled. We all started laughing.

"Sure you guys won, but growling?" We both nodded our heads. Sam shrugged and said, "Well, I guess this is what we get for staying in the Conjuring House." I sighed knowing it was true and plopped onto the couch. If you think about it, the lady did warn me and my dumbass didn't listen. 

"It's only one AM, imagine how bad this shit could turn. Everything is escalating so quickly," Amanda pointed out. Some of us groaned simultaneously.