twenty-five

Almost six in the morning, what a wonderful time to go to sleep. Hint on the sarcasm. 

"We need all the sleep we can, or at least Brooklyn does, we need her to recharge," Amanda said, I looked at her confused.

"Recharge?" I asked with a little laugh in my voice, "What am I, Buzz Lightyear?" I joked.

"We never know, but yes, you need to recharge. As funny as that sounds it will help you so much more tomorrow," she explained.

"Can we actually try to stay all night tomorrow?" Sam asked kind of desperately. 

"Babe, I will try my best," Kat said while patting his knee, he smiled softly at her before giving her a quick kiss. God, I'd kill for a relationship right now!

The only thing I could think about was the chase. That demon thing, shadow. None of it felt real, like I said, a dream. But there was still that one spot in my mind making me think differently. What I'm really trying to say is it felt so real, it didn't feel real, if that makes sense. 

Tossing and turning wouldn't stop, the image running through my mind. I felt like sleeping all day but when my eyes closed, they always shot back open. Over and over again until I heard that voice. 

"I know you're awake, Brooklyn," Colby said with the sexiest sleepy voice I've ever heard. 

"Yes, wide awake," I groaned quietly. 

"What's on your mind girl?" He asked, I turned my body to see him already facing me.

I gave him a small smile before remembering the question. "It's nothing really just the uh-" I started, I don't know if they believe me or call B.S. on these visions or dreams or whatever you call it, but if he's not into it I don't want to talk with him.

"If this is about the first time you passed out, it's fine really. I mean I don't know why I acted the way I did, maybe I was nervous. I really don't know, maybe I felt bad. I saw you in such a vulnerable way, you couldn't even cover yourself up. It's not like I minded it. Oh fuck," He covered his mouth as my eyes went wide.

"Colby fucking Brock," I said, almost laughing. 

"No not like that! I mean well maybe. BROOKLYN MAKE ME STOP TALKING!" He yelled, I covered his mouth. One because he asked me to, and two because everyone else was asleep.

"Colby, shut the fuck up," I whisper-yelled. He nodded while looking into my eyes. We stayed like that for a couple of seconds before he glanced down at my lips. 

I cleared my throat while removing my hand from his mouth.

"I'm going to uh, brush my teeth," I excused myself and walked over to my suitcase. I grabbed more than my toothbrush, I got my outfit for the day, my hairbrush, body wash, shampoo, conditioner, and two towels. I didn't really get much of a shower yesterday, I honestly don't even remember trying to take a shower. 

I turned on the water and stepped in, the hot water colliding with my skin. This felt good, refreshing even. I washed my body with a washcloth, washed my hair, and just stood there for a couple of minutes. It felt so good, the water pressure was on point. I wish it was this good at my house. 

I dried myself off before I heard a knock at the door.

"Who is it?" I called out.

"Your girly pop," Lexie called back, I smiled and shook my head.

"It's unlocked, come in." She cracked the door and slid in.

"You need to learn your lesson, and lock the damn door," She teased.

"Too soon. I'm not used to lock it," I just shrugged and put on my clothes.

Lexie got in the shower while I did my hair.

"Hey, I'm getting out. Want me to lock it?" I asked loudly making sure she could hear me through the running water.

"Will you please?" I nodded even though she couldn't see me and walked out. Colby fell back asleep while Kat and Sam were up.

"We're gonna go back to our room, you good?" Sam asked.

"Peachy," I replied softly smiling, he nodded and smiled back before walking out of the room.

I heard shuffling while putting my stuff away, I turned, expecting someone to be waking up, but it was Robert.

"Hello," He said formally.

"Hi?" I said unsure, why was he here?

"I just came to um, I want to tell you that you need to be careful tonight," He informed me.

"May I ask why?" I questioned.

"Yes, um there's Jerry, I believe he wants to hurt you. Also, the thing is, I'm not allowed to say its name but, just don't go into the basement," he seemed hesitant while explaining these things to me. 

I nodded, "thank you for letting me know, anything else?"

"Um, yes," he gulped visibly. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and signaled for him to continue.

"You do know there's a lot of things in that house, most of them have been targeting you. When you left yesterday they grew angry, tonight might be a problem," he stated, I turned frightened at the new information. 

 "I appreciate you telling me this, thank you, Robert," he nodded at me.

"I must go, miss. I hope to see you safe tomorrow," He said before vanishing.

I heard groaning below me, "Who are you talking to?" Stas asked in a sleepy voice.

"My ghost boyfriend." I teased.

"Robert?" She asked again looking at me directly. I nodded before she asked me what he had said.

"He was just telling me precautions I should take," I informed her.

"Will we be okay going back?" She questioned.

"We should be," I responded.

________________________________________________________________________________

I HONESTLY CANT' BELEIVE HOW WELL THIS STORY IS DOING! I APPRECIATE ALL OF YOU SO MUCH, I COULD HONESTLY GIVE YOU ALL PHAT JUICY KISSES RIGHT NOW! MWAHHHH! <33