twenty-seven

(this chapter is dedicated to paul  breach, live laugh love paul)

Walking into the house felt different from the last time. Yesterday I didn't know what would happen, I didn't know what things roamed around the halls of this house. But now I do. And I can feel them all burning wholes into my back with their eyes. 

Something feels angry, all the synonyms for mad put together are what it feels like even though they all mean the same thing. Just pure anger.

I can feel that feeling seep into me slowly, I can feel the anger rising in me. For what? 

"Do you feel that too?" I asked Amanda.

"Feel what?" She responded.

"All the emotions in this house. They're so strong I'm starting to get a headache," I said rubbing my forehead lightly. 

"Eeee, good they're supposed to feel that way!" Said Amanda as she started to get giddy.

"This is a good thing? I feel like shit." She laughed a little bit before shaking her head.

"It's not the best feeling in the world, I want you to go touch Colby's shoulder then come back and tell me what you feel," she instructed.

"Why Colby?" I asked slightly confused.

"I can feel you and Colby have a stronger connection than the rest," she said with a smug grin on her face.

"I thought you could see ghosts, not look into a crystal ball and see my future," she laughed loudly now and whispered into my ear.

"I can do it all, baby," I shook my head while walking to Colby. 

"Creepiest shit I've ever heard," I muttered to myself before catching up to Sam and Colby in the family room.

I just realized Colby's about five inches taller than me there's no reason for me to touch his shoulder. Fuck it, here we go.

"Hey Colby," I said smiling and giving him a hug.

This is fucking weird. I could feel it all, he was confused, scared, and happy. 

"What was that for?" He asked chuckling.

"I don't know I feel happy, you want one Sam?" I questioned.

"Yeah why not," he shrugged and I hugged him too.

Sam felt different. It wasn't just his feeling but two people combined. Sam felt continent and excited whatever the other thing was supposed alone and scared.

Holy fuck.

I took a quick breath and stepped away from Sam looking at him. He was now confused, I could tell by his facial expression. 

"Everything okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"I don't know," I turned so my back was toward him and walked back to Amanda quickly. 

"Did you do it?" Asked Amanda excitedly.

"Yeah, I did," I replied.

"Well? What did he feel like?" In my head, I was thinking how odd that question was but I went along with it anyway.

"Uh, he felt kinda nervous for tonight but happy, and I think he was confused why I was hugging him but I could just see on his face," I told her.

"Hug him? Why did you hug him instead of touching his shoulder?" I laughed and told her about how much shorter I am than Colby and that it would be a little weird for me to just randomly touch his shoulder. She agreed with me and laughed too.

"I guess you're right, but I wanna tell you about different feelings. Come with me." She demanded and took my wrist to lead me outside. "Okay, You feel the air?" I nodded my head, does she think I'm stupid? Maybe this just goes along with the 'procedure'. "Good, now I want you to grab my hand and focus on my energy," she instructed. 

I took a deep breath and did as told. I didn't really know what she meant but I let my body relax and I stayed focused on the warmth coming from the palm of her hand. Her energy didn't feel the same as Sam and Colby's. Hers felt more indescribable but it had a stronger pull.  

I pulled my hand away and looked at her. "I'll be right back, or you can follow me. I don't really care," and with that, I walked back into the house where Sam and Colby were filming a more informative part of the video. "Sorry guys, can I borrow Samuel?" I asked with fake politeness.

"Of course, Brooklyn! Steal my star!" Colby said sarcastically. I smiled and nodded before pulling Sam away from the couch. 

I told him to give me his hand which he obliged. I wrapped both of my own around while searching for the same feelings I felt earlier. Loneliness and sadness, and now a hint of anger. It was a very faint feeling but I could tell it wasn't what Sam was feeling. 

"Uh, can I ask what you're doing?" He said hesitantly. 

"No, I don't even know what I'm doi-" I tried to say before someone cut me off.

"She's finding your emotions. There's obviously something in there she's looking for, so what is it Brooklyn?" Amanda said as a question but also like she was demanding an answer from me. She sounded suspicious for some reason.

"There are more emotions other than just his," I told her.

"What does that mean?" He asked almost frightened. 

"Sam I think you have a ghostie in your booty brother," Colby said his voice completely serious. I laugh and shake my head.

"I don't know what that means honestly, Amanda?" I turned to her expecting an explanation.

She cleared her throat and turned her face to a serious expression, kind of copying how Colby looked. "Sam Golbach, I, Amanda Raye, am here to inform you that you have a ghostie in your booty brother," she said imitating Colby. I tried not to laugh but the way she turned was so professional. I looked at Colby and saw he had the same trying not to laugh face as me. We made eye contact and could not keep it in.

"I have a ghost in my ass?!" Sam asked in an almost yelling voice, we knew he wasn't mad. Amanda nodded once.

"Fuck!" 

______________________________________________________________________________

Hi lovelieessss! I'm sorry for not uploading, I've just had some school work to catch up on and personal things but I'll be in Florida most of next week so I wont be posting updates this coming up week. Enough of that, CAN WE TALK ABOUT COLBY?? OUR SWEET BABY BOYYY! I actually can't believe he had cancer, well I'm not sure if he still has it or not but still. That's so crazy, it's like all the best people always get the shittiest of things happen to them. Love how Colby's still being positive about all of it, it was just so shocking news.