twenty

We started making our way to the grey stone wall. It had gotten quite a bit chilly outside than it was before. For being the middle of the summer it was odd for it to be this cold. I didn't even bring a jacket. 

I'm starting to reconsider making the decision to be in this video. I mean, yeah, I love hanging out with these people. They're all so nice and cool to be with, but I feel like I'm taking their spotlight. This is their thing, not mine, maybe I could make my own channel with Lexie. I doubt that would go well though, we would probably fight. I don't want the only reason that people watch us to be drama. 
Everything just leads back to me somehow, I hate it. What if it's a sign, what if I was supposed to figure this out? Time will tell. 

Walking to the wall was quite the trip. They kept making jokes and laughing amongst themselves as I walked behind them. I could hear all the things they were saying, but I also zoned them out. All the thoughts in my head were consuming me, I've always been the type to overthink and judge myself. 

"Hey babe, you good?" Lexie asked after she slowed down to walk beside me. 

"Do you think I'm making this about me too much?" I questioned admitting my thoughts. 

"No, not necessarily. I just think things are just coming to you," she said. One thing Lexie could do was calm me down, she would always hype me up or sit and talk with me. I do the same for her but it's a good feeling when you know you have someone to cheer you up. 

"I feel bad," I stated softly. 

"Hey it's okay, don't beat yourself up over it. Makes better content anyway," she shrugged and grabbed my hand. She skipped her way back to the group and dragged me with her. Cold air hit my face suddenly making chills go down my spine, no, I'm not going to blame everything on the scary ghost. It really could just be the cold wind picking up. 

Sam pulled out the big camera and pressed record.

"Right now we are outside, this time everyone's out here," He said turning the camera toward us.

"We're going to try to get some more answers on the soldiers. I brought two things out here, a spirit box and a voice recorder. If you don't know what these are, the spirit box allows the ghosts to speak words clearly, I don't remember if we explained that honestly. Anyways, for the voice recorder, we ask questions and it picks up voices or sounds we can't hear," He explained.

"You didn't tell us you were bringing that," Kat whined.

"Kat, did you not see it in my hand the whole walk here?" She shook her head at Sam's question, I can't blame her, I didn't see it either. 

"I wasn't paying attention to your hand Samual!" She argued, he laughed and continued.

"We're gonna use the voice recorder first because it will obviously take less time. When you ask a question the next person has to wait a few seconds to ask another one," we all nodded.

Sam turned on the recorder and ask his first question. 

"Are there any soldiers here that would like to speak with us?" He then passed it to Lexie.

She waited like told to, "Is there a Robert Brock here?" She smirked at me and then passed the device. 

I rolled my eyes and took it, "...Are you guys stuck here?"

Then we continued to pass it on, all their questions were normal except for Amanda's. She didn't ask a question, she made a very odd statement saying, "Leave Brooklyn alone," in a very demanding voice. I felt like the center of attention again, I know a lot of people that would love that feeling, but I don't. I felt like I was being targeted by everything here. 

We played the recording back. "Are there any soldiers here that would like to speak with us?" Sam's voice replayed, "Yes"  "Is there a Robert Brock here?" "I'm here"  "Are you guys stuck here?" "Please help"  "How many of you are there?" Katrina asked, "Seven" "How can we help you if you are stuck?" Stas asked, "We need them"  "Is there something keeping you here?" Colby asked, "Yes"  "Leave Brooklyn Alone." Amanda's voice stood put the most to me, "Why?" 

The recorder stopped, "That was probably the clearest answers I've ever heard," Sam said stunned. 

"Listen, we need to leave. Is there any way we can come back tomorrow?" Amanda questioned. 

"I can ask Cory, why though?" Sam asked.

"It's not safe for Brooklyn right now, if we don't leave then bad things will start to happen." She informed.

"Wait what, me?" Once she said my name thoughts ran through my mind like it was a track race.

"Yes, you. Brooklyn, there are so many things trying to attach themselves to you right now. we can stay here for like five more minutes but any longer than that, I believe whatever happened here fifty years ago will happen again," said Amanda.

"Will it be okay for her to come back tomorrow?" Asked Sam.

"I don't know yet, but especially since this is her first paranormal place she's been to it's dangerous. This is a very active place, taking all that energy in one night could really fuck her up," she explained. "Plus, it's almost four am, we all need some sleep anyways,' she added. 

"I'm going to text Cory, you guys get in the car," Sam said, us girls nodded, Colby wanted to stay with Sam. 

"I'm so glad I'm not the one who said something, I really wanna go to sleep," Stas sighed relieved. 

"Honestly, same. If we get to, are you guys coming back?" I questioned, actually curious. I know for sure I wanna come back.

"I'll definitely have to sleep on it," Kat scoffed, not in a rude way. "You were doing really good though, Brook. If I were you I would stay in the car," she laughed. 

"Good? I'm pretty sure I cried at least three times," I rolled my eyes.

"Hey, I would've too," she shrugged. 

"I hate to be nosey but I'm a very nosey person, and I've been literally dying to ask somebody this," Lexie started. 

"Go on," I encouraged. 

"Is Stas and Colby dating?" She asked very quickly.

"That was very out of the blue, hm I don't know. Ask Colby." Stas said and picked up her pace. 

Lexie groaned very loudly, we giggled at her curiosity and continued on with our walk to the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I feel like this book sucks but you guys are such amazing comments. ( for informational purposes, i put the clapping on the plane scene in for a good laugh. i just wanted to let yall know bc a lot of people are commenting on it :) )