twenty-three

"Lexie wants a 2A meal, whatever the fuck that is," I told Colby reading her order off my phone. 

"It's a quarter-pounder meal," Colby informed me.

"Ew," I said.

"Ew?" He laughed.

"Yes, ew. Their burgers are too damn greasy," I almost gagged at the thought.

"Can't handle grease?" He asked.

"It's like they drenched them in it," I said.

"You're wrong, I think they are amazing even though I'd much rather be driving to Taco Bell right now," he sighed. I started laughing at how sad he got because we couldn't get Taco Bell.

"Your opinion, plus I don't know where a Taco Bell is and I don't know if one would be open," I said and patted his shoulder.

"Thanks for the comfort," I nodded and returned to my phone. 

The hotel we were staying at was in the middle of nowhere. Land for MILES. It took us at least twenty minutes to get to the closest Mcdonalds'. 

We ordered and got our food quickly due to the line being short. I just got some nuggs, and Colby got some type of cheeseburger. I couldn't care what it was, they were all basically the same thing.

"Damnit" Colby sighed.

"What?" I asked, surprised at his sudden outburst.

"They put pickles on it," he frowned then I remember him not liking them.

"Well, you didn't ask for them to take them off," I pointed out, "but shit, I'll eat them" I laughed and held my hand out. I LOVE pickles, I have a hoodie at my house in LA that says "I heart Pickles".

"I don't wanna touch them, can we trade?" he whined.

"Ew gross, I'm not eating that. Eat around the pickles," I said.

"Please Brooklyn, for me?" he pouted his bottom lip and looked at me with his annoyingly beautiful eyes. I squinted my eyes at him trying so hard not to give in. Fuck.

"F you Brock." I shook my head and gave him my chicken nuggets.

"You're the best, love you Brookie." I rolled my eyes as he took the nuggets and handed me the burger. 

"Can I take out the patty?" I gagged looking at it.

"Are you actually serious right now?" He asked laughing.

"Dead," I said giving him a side-eye.

He laughed, "You're too cute," I knew he didn't mean it in a way I wished he would but I couldn't help but blush. 

"Whatever" I smiled to myself and tried to take a bite out of the burger. "Ew, yeah no I'm full. Thanks, Colbs," I shook my head and put it back into the paper bag. He handed me a nugget.

"You're too dramatic" He chuckled, I snatched it and put it in my mouth. Not a huge fan of Mickey D's.

On the way back to the hotel we started talking about the house. The infamous Conjuring house. Well, not just the house, it was also genuine and shit. Man, shit is shit. (Sorry, I don't know what that is supposed to mean.. but you will, hehe)

"Did you start feeling weird?" Colby asked me randomly, after about five minutes of silence.

"Please clarify," I said referring to the fact that I had no idea what he was talking about.

"Back at the house, did you start feeling any type of way before Amanda told us we should go?" He asked again, explaining more.

"Oh! Um, not really. Well, I don't know. I just felt like, less me?" I said questioning myself.