nineteen

"I give up on being a YouTuber," Colby sighed as he flopped on the couch.

"Uh, why?" Sam asked as he let out a breathed laugh.

"Because!" He groaned, I shook my head at Colby's dramatic actions and sat down next to him. 

"I think you're being a big baby," I laughed. 

"You try being a YouTuber! It's hard work, Brooklyn." He pouted, I responded with a shrug and a quick okay as I got up and took the camera. 

"Lexie, come here," She quickly got up and followed me as I walked to the outside of the house.

"What's up guys it's Brooklyn and Lexie, or Lexie and Brooklyn? I like Brooklyn and Lexie," I said.

"Why because your names first?" She asked as she crossed her arms and lifted her eyebrow. 

"No, because it generally sounds better," I laughed. 

"Whatever," She rolled her eyes jokingly and went inside.

"Okay guys, this is all for BROOKLYN AND LEXIE!" I said the last part more loudly so Lexie could hear. I quickly laugh and hand Colby his camera back as he watches the twenty-second footage.

"Is this really all you could do?" He asked while laughing.

"Hey! My filming partner would not corporate! Not my fault," I huffed and crossed my arms as I complained. Lexie stuck her tongue out at me, I shook my head at her immaturity. 

"If you're up to it, can you tell us what happened upstairs?" Sam asked cautiously. I sighed in annoyance, not at them, but at the situation. 

"Sure, I kind of exaggerated it though. It's not really a life story, more like a childhood discovery?" I said questioning myself, Sam nodded understandingly but I could read the confused expression on his face. 

"I give you permission to record this, but I don't know if the camera audio picked up on my conversation," He responded with a quick 'okay' and smile. 

I took a deep breath and tried to think of the quickest and easiest response. "So, when I was a young girl I had an imaginary friend named Jerry."

"Oh, so you were that kinda kid?" Colby joked.

"Shut up Colby there's more to the story," He laughed and sat back, waiting for me to continue. 

"Anyways... No, I wasn't that kind of kid, wait maybe. I don't know, but a shit ton of people I knew thought I was crazy 'cause all I would do was talk to Jerry. My mom thought she should take me somewhere to get checked out because I still had an imaginary friend at the age of ten. Obviously when we went nothing was mentally wrong with me and they couldn't find anything but my mom actually thought I was crazy. Jerry started giving me odd tasks that I would do, and if I didn't he threatened to leave me which I didn't want because I didn't really have many friends except for Lexie." 

Lexie raised her hand motioning she wanted me to pause, "Mind you, I thought she was crazy too. Okay, that's all, please continue." 

I rolled my eyes and did as asked," My eleventh birthday, Jerry wanted me to kill my very young puppy by setting it on fire with my birthday candles. I said no and he disappeared, I cried the rest of the day. Then about two weeks after that, my dog died. Now that you know how Jerry kind of ruined my happiness, I figured out just upstairs that Jerry was not imaginary, he was a creepy old man ghost that liked to follow around little children." They all looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Holy shit, so you like just now talked to him," Sam asked, I nodded. "Oh wow." 

"Crazy, I know. But I just want to let you guys know, if he's up there I don't wanna go up there." Sam nodded but Colby looked confused. 

"Can't you just avoid him, or is that not how it works?" He questioned. 

"I don't know, I'm new to this shit. All I know is I don't wanna be around that dead bastard." I shrugged.

"It's okay, we don't have to go up there for a while. But we do need answers about this house, we haven't got many yet." Sam said.

"Yeah, you're right where should we start?" I asked. 

"Maybe just a quick Estes method outside by the wall," He suggested. 

"Okay, but can we not go into the woods? I don't wanna see my dead stinky body again," I groaned. 

"Yea definitely," 

"Okay, let's go my peeps!" I yelled as I skipped towards the door. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Do you guys think I'm making Brooklyn too much of the main character? Like please if I need to make any writing changes please tell me, I'm not asking I'm begging. I wanna write it the way you guys like it. Also, thank you guys so much for the support, I check the views and status every day. The way the votes and views keep going up just makes me wanna cry! THANK YOU SO MUCHHHH!!!!!!!!!! If I could I would really give you all a big phat juicy kiss! <3